Ikea Blinds

The remote will not work with a Hubitat-paired blind.. you can see above in this very topic that some were trying to get a driver going, but no one has reported success yet.

1 Like

Thanks... I skimmed this thread as you can tell from my questions! Still love the blinds, but didn't love the price. I spent more on two blinds than I did for everything since moving to HE (I got a lot of ebay IRIS stuff very very cheap)

I would love to have 10 more of these blinds, but I think my WAF limit was two (after she found out what I spent on these!)

FYI,

Drop Length instructions from IKEA website & video:

How do I set the maximum drop on the blinds?

Move the blinds to the desired position using the remote control or buttons on the blind. When the blind is in the desired position, you can double press the up or down button on the blind to save this position as the new maximum level of extension.

Yes, just like step 7 in my instructions. The video will certainly help some folks, though. Thanks for sharing that!

Right. Which is why I added the comment with extended information there and not somewhere else.

1 Like

FYI here is a maintained codebase for the Ikea blinds Hubitat drivers from the originator of the code that served as the basis for the drivers above: [RELEASE] IKEA window roller blinds

1 Like

Hey guys, I am in the process of ordering some of the Ikea blinds, but based on this thread it's unclear if the Tradfri repeater is required to get the blinds working with the Hubitat Hub or not. For those of you that have the blinds working through Hubitat, do you need the Ikea repeater as well?

I have two blinds and I used one of the two repeaters that came with them in the box. The driver in post 286 works great.

@rick.guthier Thanks for your answer. I didn't realize a repeater comes with the blinds. I will not buy a separate one then....I assume they can easily pair directly to Hubitat using the driver mentioned above.

Thanks for your response!

1 Like

If you have any problems pairing, look in this thread. I don't recall having any issues, Good Luck! I wish I could afford to buy more of these, my daughter wants them in her room!

1 Like

After trial and error, the 4 IKEA blinds in the living room work fine with one repeater. Having 4 of those hanging off one USB adapter or each repeater plugged into its own USB adapter takes a lot of real estate on the wall outlet. Other rooms have 3 blinds, and only one repeater per room. The repeater appears to report battery level, Battery level percentage is flaky for the first few days until the ZigBee mesh is rebuilt. I am not using their gateway. ST custom device handlers allow full operation of the blinds and the remotes work as designed with their own custom device handler.

Everything else has been moved from ST to HE. The only reason I am keeping the ST hub is for the button functions. Moving the blinds to HE before the button is supported means the WAF drops because the button isn’t supported. So the blinds are paired with ST for now until someone ports the ST device handlers to HE drivers.

Hi,

using Ryan780 Driver, I am new to hubitat. It's working fine but I am getting frequent debug messages from one blind.

Ignore invalid reports

dev:412020-12-18 14:03:02.253 debuglevelEventHandle - currentLevel: 0 lastLevel: 0

dev:412020-12-18 14:03:02.229 debugattr: 8, value: 00, descValue: 0, FYRTUR block-out roller blind

dev:412020-12-18 14:03:02.223 debugdescription:- read attr - raw: 1E37010xxxxxx002000, dni: 1E37, endpoint: 01, cluster: 0102, size: 08, attrId: 0008, encoding: 20, command: 0A, value: 00

What is this telling me?
Is that something I can/need/should fix or just ignore?

cheers
Chris

Debug messages are not necessarily a problem. Some developers build-in the capability to toggle Debug messages. I recently updated my driver to @a4refillpad 's new driver that allows for:

"...better integration with dashboard slider and alexa when max open level is set. Also improved the final state reporting so should always end with an open or closed state so that dashboard is able to open or close blinds with single click."

I don't know if he's added the Debug logs toggle switch yet but @csteele did so using his code and posted the expanded code here.

OK. So I switched from the original Ryan780 to the driver in post 274 above that allows the state of 0 and 100 to be reversed. The updated driver is working fine with my Fyrtur blinds except for ONE THING:

I created Dashboard Tiles for the Fyrtur blinds and chose Template to be "shade". The tiles seem to work properly and update state correctly. But the tiles DO NOT update background color. I believe they should change color according to state. And these colors for each state are defined in the dashboard template for "shade".

I also have a couple smart curtains that use the Zigbee - Aquara Smart Curtain Motor driver by markusl and it is designed to make the curtains function as a shade. I also have dashboard tiles for these curtains set up using the same "shade" template and they DO update background color according to shade state (On, Off states only) So I don't believe the problem is with the "shade" template for the dashboard tiles.

Does anyone else have this issue? Are your dashboard tiles updating background color based on state of your Fyrtur blinds???

Please help

Hi,

Can somebody explain the difference between the SetLevel & SetPosition?

Getting confused!

None.

setLevel was provided to make a blind appear to be a dimmable bulb so you could control its position with a dimmer like 50 for half open. Both work the same.

Hi folks, what's the best and latest driver for the IKEA blinds. I have them working fine but my dashboard tiles generally display the wrong percentages. So when they're closed, they may display 37% for example. Am I missing a trick here. Ive tried the diet and also the shades tile but they generally perform the same. Cheers in advance guys

Just checking:
Be sure to set the max lenght on the blind itself.. I think it's pressing both buttons (check manual) on the blind simultaneously, when at desired length.

Pressing both buttons begins the Zigbee inclusion. When the blind is at the length you want, press the bottom button on the blind two times quickly. If the blind goes up a bit then down a bit after pressing the lower button two times quickly , the maximum length has been set.

If the battery is removed, the maximum length will need to be reset but the blind will still be included.

Not at home to see what driver I use. Will check tonight but it does report correctly.

FYI you only need one of the supplied repeaters for a few blinds. My living room has 4 blinds and one repeater. Battery levels report correctly.

A few rooms have 3 blinds with one repeater and those also work correctly and report battery levels correctly.

If you find the battery is at 0% remove the repeater for 10 seconds then plug it back in.

0 is fully closed and 100 is fully open.

Here is my dashboard showing all the battery levels. One is showing 44%.

The driver I am using is from ryan780.