Ignore first motion sensor

Hi Everyone

I've got a bunch of cheap sonoff sensors around my house in lesser used rooms. It would be nice if I could use them with home safety monitor, but doing so results in too many false positives. As a work around, has anyone implemented something to check if 2+ sensors detect motion within a certain amount of time, thus reducing false positives?

I could probably code something up in webcore, then use that to trigger a virtual sensor that HSM watches. But before I re-invent the wheel, I thought I'd check to see if someone else has already done something like this.

Might be worth looking at Sensor Groups+, developed by @FriedCheese2006 and now maintained by @thebearmay .

Or check out the built-in app Zone Motion Controllers. Sounds like you'd want to set up False Motion Reduction Zones.

3 Likes

Both of these are exactly what I want. I'll check them out.

1 Like

Were you guys looking when I posted this, or are you receiving alerts when someone posts stuff? You both sure responded fast.

I just check the latest posts regularly at different times throughout the day.... and night :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes