IFTTT now offers paid plans

This has been a very long road trying to get tasmota on these! I've been on the digiblur discord channel and have had long discussions about the DS01C, There is one guy who could flash these with a 3d printed jig. Me and two others are trying to duplicate that. I'm actually meeting the guy tomorrow - he made me a jig to try since his worked. I'll try to flash it yet again once I get it!

Ok, np just wanted to make sure you were informed. I try to direct connect everywhere I can if possible.

I was trying that, It doesn't appear to have a way to do that, so my solution is 'half baked' - my dashboards might not be accurate, but at least 'good night' modes will work to turn them off.

Agree 100%. Hopefully I can flash these. I got tired of them being in a box so I have four of them cloud based for now. Thanks for pointing those out!

Sorry for hijacking the IFTTT thread!

I've got 16 applets. Though, half are duplicates since you can only do a single action. I do see when I log in, it says "Created by me (16 of 3)". Can anyone figure out of the limit of 3 is being enforced yet, and if so how do I know which 3 are active?

Also, a few of my rules are just triggers for Google Assistant, so I can say "okay Google, do this thing." Is there an easy way to move those type of automations to HE?

I just found a way to arm/disarm Arlo using Node-RED. Will post on it this week when I'm back home.

Edit: here is that info...

3 Likes

Oct. 7th is when they will limit your applets to a max of 3 unless you name a price to continue with the pro plan. Of course, name your price is valid for the 1st year.

Luckily I only have 2 customs actions in IFTTT. It sucks ■■■, and wouldn't consider the paid option. I have it to link ring to hubitat and as a backup notifier of my house alarm, just because you cant have too few different apps notifying you if the alarm goes off. Hubitat, smartthings, ifttt, email, all start buzzing away!

1 Like

I found alexa somewhat less reliable, but yes, that is also possible in much the same way using a virtual device

Did you ask them what their preferred pronoun is?

1 Like

Please stop before this turns into Facebook. :grin: :grinning: :grin:

3 Likes

I started using alexa.. but it won't trigger when a switch is turned on or off. But I did find making a small rule that made a virtual contact sensor mm just a dumb way of doing it. But I got it to fix some ifttt things..so I'm down to only one right now

I'd consider writing a driver for Kumo Cloud. I'm trying to finish writing one for the European MELCloud and want to then inctegrate it with the code I wrote for the Aus/NZ MELView, but once they are complete and released I'd be happy to look at Kumo.

1 Like

That would be amazing!!!

1 Like

Mine says something else?

:fearful:

Please help

XD

I tried a few phrases, and all I can get it to say is "I'm an AI, I don't have a gender " or "I'm an AI, I don't have a sex", without any mention of how it would identify. Remember, you can change the voice, and that Alexa is merely a wake word. I'm not here to fight though. I just fully beleive in using them correctly, including for non binary and trans folk.

But I can certainly see a lot of people moving towards the Alexa integration for rules, although it needs a lot of work in terms of capability, but it has added some pretty good feature set recently, and I use the system with hubitat, and also do have it linked to ring.

It is a joke xD
It is a routine.

I just wanted to make a point that she can be whatever you want it to be. You can make her male or female. In my case her name is Alexa, she sounds like a female, so I made her be a female when somebody asks her what her gender is. That is what she will answer.

Omg!! Let's get back in topic please!!!

On a note of topic. I noticed that IFTTT sub fee is even more then the Wink fee of $5.. so they are really reaching tooooooo high.

2 Likes

I asked Google assistant what was its preferred pronoun and it replied "Thank you for asking. I like to be referred to as 'it'"

2 Likes

So I posted a comment on the YouTube video, and I will admit that there is someone looking at all the comments like a HAWK, cause I saw many replies made from them within minutes of someone posting. So I will admit I can see they are taking a look at their customers for feedback.

ps. I don't even know why I care all that much, I have 2 things that I use, and I just got it down to 1 now.

1 Like