I wonder if those new pico paddle dimmers do hold

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lutron-Pico-Paddle-Remote-for-On-Off-Control-of-Caseta-Smart-Switches-Dimmers-White-PJ2-P2B-GWH-PJ2-P2B-GWH/326623647

2 Likes

Also double tap etc. anyway look much cleaner for guest etc for a dimmer

That's a pretty cool new addition, thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

I’m surprised they didn’t overcharge, like $50

ordered...

2 Likes

They were in my local HD. They’re ON/OFF only :-1:t2:

Surely they can do better than this. Why would they expect us to be happy with an inferior product to what we already had available?

2 Likes

Yeah, bit of a bummer if they only provide on/off...pass. I think the similar Zooz switch does tap, multi-tap, and hold.

1 Like

Personally I’d use the in rooms where guest might be

Yeah, it sounds like the double-tap for full brightness is the only variation offered and that may require a firmware update, depending on date of manufacture.

Maybe @mike.maxwell can get other events from it, but based on the description it sounds like Lutron have intentionally limited its capabilities (which is typical for them).

1 Like

I have Picos all over the house. Maybe my guests have exceptionally high IQ levels, but none have struggled with using them. :person_shrugging:

7 Likes

Yeah, hasn't been an issue for my guests either, but we have a strict rule to only hang out w/nobel laureates. :wink:

3 Likes

@danabw
Now I know why you’ve never wanted to hangout with me!

2 Likes

It's really @danabw bw 's way of saying he's friendless

2 Likes

Not true! I have tons of friends!! Lunch yesterday for example...

4 Likes

drunk episode 17 GIF

1 Like

I got one today, it seems to be able to do held actions, but it doesn’t reliably generate a release? But if you watch the log for Lutron Telnet it seems to generate something there when the button is released.

@mike.maxwell might have to get one in to see what's up

Sweet! If people can figure it out, making it a dimmer is 1000x more useful

He did so already. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have it working doing on/off and hold to dim with it set to the fast pico driver:

I'm pretty new to Hubitat so this might not be the best or most efficient way of doing it, but it seems to work fairly well at least in a few minutes of playing with it. It'd be nice though if we can get it doing an official "held" action to use in rules though.