I think the patch notes revealed 2 new Zooz products before they could announce them

Those that have XS Tilt/Shock sensors (but I guess it could really apply to the temp/humidity sensors as well), what kind of battery life are you all seeing?

I installed a Tilt/Shock sensor on Christmas Day, and this morning it's saying it's down to 1% (currently, was saying 24% five minutes ago). Are they eating batteries or could I be looking at some other issues? we probably open the garage door it's on maybe 2- 4 times a day. it is about 8 feet from the hub, on the other side of a frame and wallboard wall.

@agnes.zooz How long should a battery last in these? I hope 10 days isn't the norm.

UPDATE: Just looked at the details for the XS Tilt sensor, wow that got a really weird, long routing. Four hops , all to the far side of the house .

47 Is an outlet in my living room (was temporary for Christmas, just haven't taken it down yet) 58 is my wife's bedside lamp. 34 is another outlet in my living room (on the opposite wall from the first outlet (and interestingly, my wife's lamp also routes through this same outlet). The two outlets are right outside our bedroom on the farthest side of the house (not a big house, 2177 sq feet, single story ). The second outlet listed was placed where it is to be a repeater for our bedroom. So it basically hops around a 15-20 foot triangle before hopping all the way to the front of the house .

There is a socket in the garage (an Intermatic HA05 Screw in Zwave lamp socket) that could be a repeater for it as well as two bulbs on the outside of the garage that could also serve that purpose (same type as my Wife's lamp, Inovelli LZW42's) . Maybe when I put the Zen17 in out there later this week it will clean that up.
Would all those hops be affecting battery life?

The battery issue is odd - hopefully a future f/w update can fix it. My hum/temp sensor (new product released at same time) has solid 100% battery reporting so far, so I'm confident Zooz will get it sorted out for the tilt sensor.

For the routing, I wouldn't worry about it much -- check in another day or two and you'll likely see it changed again. I've learned that as long as a device is performing well, it's very rarely worth trying to actively solve for better routing. Once you get the Z17 installed out there, that will probably help. I'd at least wait till then (and maybe then wait for a tilt sensor f/w update) before I wasted any brain cells on the routing.

I'm not overly concerned with the routing. Just the first time I've seen that many hops, and with three being so close to each other. I need to get the zen17 and an XS open close sensor put in this week, and maybe a zen30. I'll give all of that a week or so to settle down before I'm to concerned. I was more concerned about that apparent battery drain.

1 Like

I received a ZSE44 on Dec 27. It paired easily, but was recognized as a "Zooz Remote Switch Zen34". I changed the driver to the built-in "Zooz ZSE44 Temperature Humidity XS Sensor" and after configuring, it reported temp/RH and battery. Battery reported as 100%, but temp was low by 8F and RH was low by 10%. After an hour it stopped reporting anything. After 16 hours, I tried waking it up (4 fast clicks of the Z-Wave button), but the LED didn't respond and no reports were issued. I removed the battery, counted to my age multiplied by 10 and reinserted the battery. I received 4 (incorrect) RH reports and then silence for 4 hours when it made several temp/RH/battery reports. That was at 12:20 on 12/28/21. Silence since then.

I contacted The Smartest House and was informed "There may be some issues with the built-in driver with Hubitat. We are currently waiting for feedback from Hubitat to see if they can address the issue, or if we will need to create custom drivers for the sensors.

We should have an update for you regarding this issue early next week."

From the above, it looks like my sensor may be defective since others have had no problems with it. Hoping The Smartest House has a solution or a replacement.

I'm lucky that my ZSE44 has been stable overall so far, but since we've had a harsh sub-zero cold on-&-off here since installation, our inconsistent interior humidity has been tricky to baseline or work with.

Beyond that, I'm waiting for Zooz and HE staff to iron out the f/w & driver gremlins before I attempt to fully integrate this thing - I have high hopes for it!

1 Like

You should get around 10-12 months out of it depending on the frequency and routing. I think Z-Wave limits the amount of hops to 3 so not sure why you're seeing so many devices displayed, it may be something specific to Hubitat and could potentially affect battery life but we wouldn't know without analyzing the logs. I'd recommend getting in touch with our customer service for more detailed troubleshooting.

2 Likes

I have exact the problem. installed my ZSE44, for some reason the temp offset was set to +10 degrees. I set it to zero. Now it reports -4degrees celsius. too little.

Would be nice if agnes.zooz could clarify if this parameter is adjusted from factory?

Do you mean is the temperature sensor calibrated at the sensor level? Or are you asking if the parameter 14 is adjusted to make it calibrated to some reference temperature at the factory? Or other?

If the second, then no - all 8 of mine had 100 (0 degrees offset) as the default value for parameter 14.

1 Like

I have a few of these ZSE44's. One died totally like @waterboysh and was replaced by Zooz. I have yet to test the replacement. Another one was working fine for a few weeks, then it started reporting battery percentage every 7 seconds, for no reason I could see. That sucked the battery from about 65% down to 15%; then I put in a new battery to see what would happen and it showed battery as 100%, but still reported 9x per minute. We'll see how that goes, if it settles down. A third one I have had going for a few weeks, seems all working fine on that one. Time will tell.