I need a product to control 3 minisplit aircons (IR)

Thank you!

One thing I found is the Remotec code finder actually needs the remote control model number, not the ac model number.

It works much better once you realise this.

https://support.remotec.com.hk/codeNum/ZXT-600/V1.04

1 Like

FWIW, I forgot to mention Im using this Community driver as it supports more fan modes and you can actually disable the HVAC modes your Split System doesnt support.

1 Like

Argh, I've gone back to my Sensibo Sky to control my Daikin Split - the community driver was just not working quite right. I assume due to it being based on a non-zwave plus driver - it would keep failing to update the status correctly and this caused automation failures.

The HE driver is reliable but I was unable to find a way to set the fan modes other than On and Auto.

I've written a driver for my Mitsubishi Electric Air Con and was able to update the support fan modes through the driver code. If that's what you were wanting to do I can give you a hand to update the code. Unfortunately if you want to control the fan speed using the fan control template / capability, the modes (speeds) available there are not able to be changed afaik.

EDIT - Actually, I might just dial down the simplicity of that change. Changing the list of supported fan modes should be easy enough, the complexity may come from translating those into commands to send to the unit or any other reliance on the current list of modes.

Simon

1 Like

Tbh I’m just kinda fed up with the Remotec, no matter which system I’ve run it it on it has worked bizarrely and needs a bunch of workarounds.

Was trying to get away from cloud based systems, but I think the Sensibo Sky plus my Netatmo weather station will have to be my exceptions.

My zemismart blind motors are going to get flashed to Tasmota soon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.