IR extender compatibility

I’m just wondering if Remote control Z-wave plus AC Master ZXT-600 IR Extender works with HE Thank you

1 Like

it probably could, but someone would have to create a custom driver for it.

FWIW, I recently sent an older version of this device, the ZXT-120, to @mike.maxwell.

He said he'd look into it - but it might be several months before he gets a chance to do so.

1 Like

So just cross our fingers and wait for DH
Thanks for the reply

There’s also no guarantee the ZXT-120 driver (assuming Mike does get around to creating it) will work with the ZXT-600.

1 Like

As @marktheknife points out, there's a high probability the ZXT-120 driver won't work with the ZXT-600.

The ZXT-120 is z-wave, while the newer one is z-wave+. My naive guess is the command classes will be different.

1 Like

+1 wishing for a ZXT-600 driver

Did a quick search and found that @krlaframboise wrote a ST driver and app for the ZXT-310. Might want to reach out to him to see if can port it over to HE.

drivers: SmartThings/devicetypes/krlaframboise at master · krlaframboise/SmartThings · GitHub

App: SmartThings/smartapps/krlaframboise at master · krlaframboise/SmartThings · GitHub

Hope this helps

1 Like

That won't be an easy port so I'd need to do a lot of testing with the device, but I'm still using the device with ST to control a lot of things and if I move it I'll have to re-program all the buttons so that won't be happening any time soon...

+1 wishing for a ZXT-600 driver

Hi all, newbie to Hubitat here!

I've written a driver for the ZXT-600 which I believe to be fairly complete. Find the code at:

Notable omissions:

• I haven't looked in to fahrenheit temperatures at all - I'm not sure what's involved there
  • I have not implemented any mechanism for IR learning, so YMMV if your remote isn't supported

Any advice or feedback gladly accepted. Hope this is useful to someone else!

Warren

1 Like

Thanks, @warren. I would love to test this, but I need IR learning, unfortunately. Hope it works for others!

G'day @warren I've been using you driver on my ZXT-600 as it generally works better than the HE driver (better compatibility with my Daikin Split).

I do have a couple of items that have been a right PITA - I don't know if these are driver issues or Remotec issues, but the drive me nuts and took me ages to work around:

1. Whenever I use RM to change the Cooling Setpoint, it changes the fan mode back to Auto
  2. If I try to set Cooling + Fan Mode + SetPoint at the same time using the standard set thermostat dialogue in RM, The fan mode does not take.
  3. Milliseconds between Commands - I had to change this to 100 as 2500 caused Application timeout errors and I couldn't understand why my RM rules would produce half the desired result.
  4. Once I fixed #3 I was able to use custom actions to force "fanHigh" or "fanMedium" with a delayed action (10 seconds seemed the most reliable).

eg:

Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 1.42.51 pm

Otherwise, great driver! It actually supports 90% of the fan modes (only missing Quiet, medium-low, and medium-high) and sets the swing mode I want (Vertical), when I want (the HE driver sets horizontal swing instead for some reason and that is broken on mine and makes a horrible clicking noise).

I've gone back to my Sensibo Sky to control my Daikin Split - your driver was just not working quite right. I assume due to it being based on a non-zwave plus driver? Anyway, it would keep failing to update the status correctly and this caused automation failures.