I have some questions about Hubitat: Bluetooth and Rules

I understand when people say they are satisfied with HE. And I even understand those who are not or less satisfied.
The HE is in my opinion similar like Homey. I recently pulled the plug out of Homey, no it was not because of using the BT was not really possible :slight_smile:, not even that making complex rules (flows) were less easy to make then they claimed to be at start up. They just decided that maniging the Homey was only possible through Android or IOS device. So they forced me to buy an extra device with IOS or Android as OS. I chose none and pulled the plug......

I'll keep reading here and wait longer to see what "path" HE turns.
Meanwhile I will start the struggle again with RPi.

I resemble that !!
:smiley:

2 Likes

@Eric.C.Miller Do you have an example of only using motion sensors to detect presence? I wasn't able to find any code or use case...
I would like to use only motion sensors timeout setting to set the presence to away.

I would highly advise against this. One glaring problem with using this method is night time when you are asleep. It's possible to go for very long periods of time when there is no motion detected. Any timeout to go to Away mode for motion sensors would have to be so long as to make it almost useless if you are trying to use away mode to turn off lights, adjust thermostats or activate HSM (the security part of Hubitat). Would you want to be gone for an hour before having the security system armed?

I will be using it only to switch off the AC, and for the night time I'd set a time window.
It's just for an Airbnb let, to avoid the guests leaving the AC on...

Then you don't really need a presence device, you just need a motion timeout rule to turn the AC off. Something like this:

Triggers: Motion sensors changing 

ACTIONS: 
    If ALL motion sensors inactive THEN
        Delay actions for 1 hour (cancelable)
        Turn off AC
    Else
         Cancel Delayed actions
    End-IF

Something like that in RM should get you what you're after.

Awesome thanks also answered to your concerns in this other thread: Airbnb presence detection