I am desperate for ideas

I worked on putting this in 4.0 and found something rather delightful. I set the lights to random during the day. Never fails, my pup dog is the first to the basement the minute she thinks I'm headed there. So On her way down she trips on the light and when she reaches the bottom, the color changes. I just love it. Very unexpected result. Figure I'll leave it for a while.

3 Likes

Add a weather station
Add a air quality monitor aystem
Automate the HVaC
automated a whole house fan
Contact aensor for all doors and windows

When its not raining, windows open, air quality is goof and temps are right i auto turn on the fan

Auto turn off HVAC when door /windows are open too long.

Fully automate everything with custom Alexa utterances using Amazon AWS!

An update: I've migrated my rules mostly over to 4.0 I'm getting the hang of the syntax. It wasn't pain free, but I got it figured out. I'm considering integrating plex. I have everything I need. Plex, harmony, alexa. I'll see what I can make work.

1 Like

I thought of a new one but I don't know if it will apply to you too. Almost all water taps in my house have some sort of automation (ir or touch) but that is actually very annoying while cleaning. So I just put some zigbee relays on my wishlist to disable the automation on those taps when my cleaning lady is present. I just have to save up some money to get the relays. :joy:

1 Like

Interested in more details. What taps do you use? Or they are custom?

I have two of these: https://images.app.goo.gl/rQZ5hBeCHVEVrS1X7
And one like this: https://images.app.goo.gl/oj9LLbmP4QRvugie7
They all have separate power supply which I can use to switch them on or off.

Very cool. Thanks for the idea. Will add these (or something similar) to the shopping list for my kitchen refurb.

1 Like

Done

3 Likes

The solution: A handmade lamp my hubby found on etsy hooked into a peanut plug.

3 Likes

Noice.
That's something that's on my 'to do" list.

The flag? Or the light? My husband and I make the flags and sell them. $200 apiece. Can't keep them stocked.

3 Likes

Ha, sorry no, I was referring to you're hard work converting all your rules to RM 4.0. :slight_smile:
The flags do look great though.

Opps thanks! It just happened. I just started and kept on rolling. I had a bunch of rules in 2.5 and they were so so much easier to set up in 4.0. I 'm glad I did it. I have a bug in one rule that I still need to work out yet, but nothing major. No major problems.

Those flags are beautiful. Are they really 3-D or is that an illusion?

Thanks! Yes, they are really 3-d

5 Likes

Do you by any chance have a store on the web, for the flags?

Lately, we've been selling them right off of the workbench. We have one available.

Compliments! Great dashboards. Could you please tell me what you can do with the Spotify button, please? And how you've made it...

Hi. Sorry, just saw this...busy week. The Spotify stuff on the dashboard is a bit on the complex side...it's really not Spotify-specific--it's whatever media I'm casting.

I have Cast-web-api running on a QNAP NAS inside a node.js container. If you're not familiar, this subscribes to all google-cast devices in my house (8 speakers of various types, 2 google home hubs, 2 Nvidia Shields, a smart TV, and another AndroidTV device). This subscription allows you to poll any device and see what media is playing on it, pause and playback, change volume, and even display album art.

On my dashboard in the pic you saw, I had 5 buttons dedicated to this area...one is a media tile that displays whatever album art is associated with the Kitchen Chromecast Audio. The other is a media player tile that I have set to just display the status (IIRC?), then I had custom buttons set up to do volume controls. I think I was using cirtual buttons or switches or something for that. It was an experiment--I don't have it set up that way anymore. There are several ways you can integrate this stuff into dashboards if you have Cast-Web set up. This version was an attempt at finding the most intuitive layout for single-press (I'd rather hit a visible volume up button than click a tiny corner of a tile and have a volume slider come up that I have to drag)...

The dashboards are using Sharptools.io

2 Likes

@rickyturner Can you please share the cast-web-api code you're using please? I found some code that's 4 years old, it must be inccorect. Cast-web finds my devices, but all I can do with it is change volume... I must have out of date code..

dev:1602022-10-31 09:51:34.336 PMerrorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_vervallsweg_cast_web_device_606.textToSpeech() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.Boolean) values: [hello mister new, true] on line 418 (method speak)

dev:1602022-10-31 09:00:24.821 PMerrorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_vervallsweg_cast_web_device_606.textToSpeech() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.Boolean) values: [yes mister, true] on line 418 (method speak)