I always have this kind of luck

That's what got me ordering my 4th Hubitat Hub over the weekend. :smiley: With homebridge-hubitat-hubconnect as another Hub and SmartThings as yet another, I'm at 5 about to be 6.

1 Like

Holy mutha! You're deeeeeeep :astonished::astonished::astonished:

1 Like

According to the announcement, it is a time-limited sale for Easter weekend. In the US, it’s very common for all kinds of consumer products to be put on sale during major holidays. I would not read much into it.

We have a long (well, consistent) history of doing sales around different holidays.

Spring break seemed like a lot of activity around Home Automation and Easter represents the tail end of most people's break so a sale seemed appropriate.

We don't advertise sales in advance, and pricing can change at any time.

However, this is the lowest price we have ever had, so if you haven't jumped on board yet, now is a great time. Or if you want a backup hub or a test hub, or great gift idea to help another family member or friend experience real local automation. Now's a good time to buy.

3 Likes

Any comment on why the sales seem to always be US/NA only? Just curious - I'm in the US, so not impacted negatively.

1 Like

It is Easter in the UK too!

4 Likes

Makes sense and yes many companies do this....I (usually) take this into account when making purchases but failed to think about it this time.

This post wasn't in anyway a dig at Hubitat (more of a kicking myself in the a** post) as I'm completely happy with the product, that already outperforms what I paid triple for 8 months ago with Vera.

3 Likes

Yeah same. There's nothing Hubitat is supposed to do to "fix" the issue of people buying a hub right before a sale. That's just retail. It's more of a "bah.. if only I had waited!"

2 Likes

Yes, it is and you can get HE delivered to UK for Β£20 less. Just look around :smiley:

Yes, I know I can buy an EU version on ebay :slight_smile:

I don't need the USB sticks though as I have plenty of those already.
I have 4 hubs and only use 2 sticks
I'm thinking about an Alexa and HE for my 4x4 :slight_smile:

You mean like 'Alexa turn on those halogens?'

Maybe.. :joy::rofl:
I have a few ideas :slight_smile:

We did also lower the price for the UK / EU version by 5 bucks. So I guess, technically that's a sale too.

2 Likes

My order is confirmed this morning for the third HE hub with Express delivery, Only 3 week move from ST to HE ! I hope to receive it soon before the weekend.

Send them an email and ask if they can price match it. Worst you can get is a no. Best case is you get $20 back. Most companies are happy to give you the $20 to keep you happy.

Vera doesn't require this either. Vera is a standalone system, just like Hubitat. The Vera cloud stuff is only for accessing your vera when you're not on the same local network. You can disable this, and use your own VPN if you want.

1 Like

Dang it! I’m always one hub-purchase behind You :joy:

It arrived a couple hours ago.

I decided to take advantage of it's newness and video screen cap the startup/registration and I'm now doing a HubConnect install from the ground up.

Too bad I know so very little about making that interesting :frowning:

3 Likes

Hub #5 is officially on order now.. The hub that I was using for development is now installed in the RV. :grin:

2 Likes

I bought the hub on sale last week and I am looking forward to installing it. But it may take a bit longer to get here than I expected.
Tracking my package I see it went from Scottsdale to Phoenix to Los Angeles. Sounds good so far!
However, from Los Angeles it went to Frankfurt, Germany and then Prague!

I hear lots of jokes about people not knowing world geography but I was sure that the US Postal Service would be able to find Canada! :grinning:

UPDATE: So, within a 1/2 hour I heard from the Hubitat folks and they are shipping another hub to me via Priority Post. That is SO unnecessary. I could easily have waited for the original to get tired of touring Europe. This is truly above and beyond service!

Update2. I received the second hub on Thursday and I am happily trying it out. The first hub reached Montreal on the same day as the second hub but the tracking has not been updated since. I suspect it has gotten onto a South American bound plane to go do some more exploring.

9 Likes