I always have this kind of luck

I literally ordered 2 more hubs 5 days ago last Friday.......should be here tomorrow.....

"Add some automation this Easter Weekend, Hubitat Elevation now only $89.95 at https://hubitat.com for a limited time and only for US / Canada version."

Yeah same.. I ordered my hub not two weeks ago.

That $20 price (for me) difference could have bought like 10 more Iris V1 sensors.....lol

1 Like

Perhaps Hubitat will offer those of us who purchased last week (Me) a consolation package of: 100 Rules for Free. Cuz I'm always running short. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

(warning, this is a joke)

4 Likes

It is good timing though as those idiots over at Vera finally responded today to those with their legacy devices why there was no new (beta) firmware released for them......

They are kicking them to the curb, will still offer support but no more future updates/improvements forcing them to upgrade controllers (to Hubitat if they are smart)

Something similar, I bought the hub AFTER they were sending out the new ones but they shipped me an old one with the dongle anyway.

I saw that too, as previous Vera owner. That was disappointing.

Eh, I'm looking to move off of Vera. However, I think this is a good thing. It gives them the opportunity to modernize the software on their platform. My impression of the Vera is that it was primarily developed without any kind of modern framework, and that's where a lot of the problems come in.

Their "software" is only a small part of their many problems, even the 3 different hardware devices they are still supporting the hardware is partitioned so small that once you install just a few plug ins your capacity is so close to being maxed out, that many people who do firmware updates were causing the hardware to completely lock up to uselessness.

So... why has the price on the Hubitat been dropping? Is there a new hardware version coming out and they are dumping stock? Are they in trouble?

I haven't switched over to it yet, but I need to be sure they are going to be around before I put a whole bunch of development effort into it. Have they communicated any plans for if they for some reason go under? For example, releasing/open-sourcing the hardware design so it can be manufactured by a cheap chinese manufacturer, and open-sourcing the software?

Hubitat just released a new hub version C-5 in like January....this is an introductory price...

I'm so worried their going under, that if you read the first post of this I just purchased 2 "more" hubs on top of the one I already have......

Unlike Vera, Hubitat doesn't require you to log in Via their web portal to make changes/additions to the hub thereby reliant on them keeping their servers operational, so even the hypothetical of them going under, you'll still have full funtionality of the hub without their existence.

I received a 2nd Hubs 3 days ago with full price !

For the record, I've never heard of ANY company "communicating any plans for if they for some reason go under"? As doing so would literally immediately bankrupt them from no one continuing to buy their products.

Hubitat HAS on the other hand multiple times (just in the month I've been involved) give excellent communication on any problems/issue that will be addressed in the next update (which also during that month has happened 8 times so far) and are quick to address problems/concerns you may have directly.

1 Like

No love for the UK/Europe again I see! :frowning:

1 Like

We LOVE your apps :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Heheh! Appreciate that.. more coming soon.. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

HE just announced a bi-weekly podcast so unless the podcast was to announce their demise, I think they are with us for a while. Hubitat Live! April 25th 9pm EDT / 6pm PDT

1 Like

Why do you need a total of 3 hubs?

I don't "need them" as my current setup works fine and almost flawless. I "want" them because of the "HubConnect" featured app/capability, Because of how positive of an experience I have had in my first 30 days with this platform, I'm ready to massively expand my home automations. With Vera, it was so unreliable I only purchased 2 more devices over what I started with in the 8 months I used it.

Now with this featured app, I will have the ability to have one hub solely for zwave devices, one hub solely for zigbee devices (at least until I get to big for one/long time away) which frees up the 3rd hub to solely handle JUST automation's, apps, and cloud/LAN devices ONLY with the zigbee and zwave radios turned off freeing up the processing power.

So my want is to "over" build my foundation so that upon my rapid expansions I won't eventually be dealing with slow downs forcing me to add it later on and go through the PIA deleting devices/apps from one hub to move to the other.

I have 34 devices (mostly iris v1) just waiting to be added once this is up and going.