Husqvarna AutoMower Integration

I've coded it to park
if (weather == "thunderstorm" || weather == "drizzle" || weather == "rain" || weather == "thunderstorm" || weather == "snow")
Easy enough to code in an exception for 'light' if you'd like - would just need to know what value you want to exclude. Do you mean the attribute value "light rain"? Is that different than "drizzle"? (Perhaps any discussion about that app could move over into that thread)

Just installed it and checked it out -- very impressive! The schedule push-back to Husqvarna is particularly sweet.

Here's what I'm doing differently in my ruleset:

• Variables -- I have most of my parameters defined in system variables, making them easy to tweak on dashboards. I can't reference them in MBT
  • Wet Grass -- as noted above, and my OWM isn't showing up as an option for some reason, will check. Might make sense for this to be a drop-down checklist of all the (relevant) conditions supported by OWM. IIRC, it's case-sensitive (could be wrong), so I coded my rule see if it contains "ain"|"torm" etc.
  • Wind -- haven't done this, but it occurs to me that any wind exceeding a %mowhighwind% parameter might be useful, as it increases the likelihood of trash, leaves, dropped braches, etc. on the lawn.
  • High temperature -- I don't use a weekly average, but a three-hour sustained temperature above %mowhightemp%. Where we are (outside Philadelphia), both high and low would be relevant. I try to use the guidance from my state Extension service
  • Low temperature -- Don't mow below %mowlowtemp%; needed in my area, see above
  • Reverse presence -- Mow WHEN sensor present, not just pausing/parking when present. I use this [for my presence] so I don't have to ask someone else to rescue the mower when it gets stuck
  • Mode -- park in certain modes (e.g., away, or a 'entertaining' mode, etc.)
  • Battery threshholds -- Since my mower often runs out of juice before making it back to the base, I have a rule to park when battery is below %mowlowbattery%. (They really should have put this in the app.) I have another failsafe rule to pause at an even lower %mowerlowerbattery%, so I can direct it in person rather than lugging it back to the base.
  • Rescue alerts -- various actions for mower being stuck, e.g., alerting, Echo notifications, with limitations for mode [perhaps also for type of alarm, e.g., stuck vs. escaped boundary].

Good stuff. Some easy to add, some harder. But the reverse presence is actually already implemented, since you pick present/not present in the dropdown option.

:stuck_out_tongue: Duh, of course

Im trying thus rule right now using actual rain sensing with my ecowitt nit just forcast.

Here us tweaked rule first one had wrong attribute .. for eccowit rainrate wirks.better and is instant. Got rid of ataya/delay so it responds quicker. In my test depending on your reporting settings for automower and ecowitt it gets back.ti charging station in about 5-10.minutes.

@nh.schottfam Thanks for doing the heavy lifting in integrating the Automower. Maybe I missed something in your instructions, but I have the AutoMower Manager app installed, but it doesn't appear to have created any devices. Any help?

Thanks!

token has started expiring every night at midnight which is a pain redoing it every day.. anyway look at implementing the refresh token call?

I have not seen this. At first pass the code is using the token expiration they report.

Would be good to see logs of what is going on for you.

You may need to share more of what you are seeing in the steps....you are able to use these credentials with the Husqvarna mobile app and see your devices?

If I understand your question, yes I can see my mower in the Husqvarna app on my phone. I've been using the app to control the mower for about a year now. This is my first attempt to integrate it into HE. It looked like the configuration worked - it accepted the app ID and secret hashes okay. But when I look at devices in Hubitat, there's no mower.

I would suggest you check you created the integration correctly on the Husqvarna site (the application). Note you can only have 1.

I have not seen issues connecting on my side.

Does this look right?

You may need to show more of what you see when you click on edit

you may want to use a private message. Mine at what you show looks different than what you are displaying.

Seems like you did not connect new apis..

I would check the instructions again in note 1.

I think this must be happening to me too now. I am getting these errors each morning....

Any ideas?

I wonder if they are throttling requests? they do have limits.

I have not seen this so far myself.

I have gone through this thread, installed/uninstalled several times, renewed the api key and secret several times with success, yet I cannot find any mower!!!!
I do have the cheapy (yeah right) automower 310 so I wonder if this model doesn't work.
I is showing up in the Husq app and I can control it with the app, so I know it is "talking" to their server, but I haven't been able to find it in this app.

Here is a snip of the log when I click on "automower devices":

any ideas?

edit... here is a truncated screenshot of the log. A couple of lines are very long and not very readable, so I re-captured the partial.

Typically the developer account does not have the permissions set properly for enabled apis.

You should check them again

What do I need to check?

Under instructions in note 1 of this thread. when you setup your developer acct for the api.