Husqvarna AutoMower Integration

Or are you still on a 3g card? If so, if under warrantee get Husqvarna to update to 4g (that is what I did in July as the 3g network was shutdown here)

I just got my mower back after getting the telco board upgrade (+firmware), and I had to register it as a new mower. It's out there mowing right now, and Husqvarna Connect works fine on my phone.

When i go to add it into Hubitat with this app, I get [mowername] - unavailable. I've uninstalled and reginstalled the local app. I've deleted and recreated the APIs/webapp (and updated the local app). Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas? I'd really hate to lose this integration, as it really adds a ton of value.

Would need to see in private message full HE logs for the automower and device handler

So please turn the debug level in the connect app

And... we have a dancing frog. Nothing to see here. :roll_eyes:

I just logged in to turn up the debug, and there's the mower, working fine. Thanks for your time.

Just dropping in

• To say thanks -- this integration is a killer app for both platforms, and it works well (I'm using Automower Manager.)
  • To drop some thoughts on usage/path:
  1. Temperature parameters -- this is pretty easy to do with rules and adding it on top of Husq integration really wouldn't be necessary and would just be overhead. Use OWM or a local device and write the rules to check for exceeding variables
  2. Other things I write rules for -- presence, mode, rain/drizzle (but not 'light'), Echo alerts if stuck, sending home to charge earlier than Husq fixed parameter

What else are people writing rules to do?

I wrote an app with all of my rules

1 Like

Very cool! It looks like this builds in a lot of the rules I wrote with Automower Manager. (I participated in a very thorough Husq. marketing research project, and show them those rules at the time.)

I didn't see the cutting height in AmM, so that's promising. I might give this a shot, too, seeing if it's a flexible as the ruleset I ended up with (e.g., don't mow in 'rain' unless it also contains 'light'). Glad to see it using OWM rather that adding another temp/weather function.

I've coded it to park
if (weather == "thunderstorm" || weather == "drizzle" || weather == "rain" || weather == "thunderstorm" || weather == "snow")
Easy enough to code in an exception for 'light' if you'd like - would just need to know what value you want to exclude. Do you mean the attribute value "light rain"? Is that different than "drizzle"? (Perhaps any discussion about that app could move over into that thread)

Just installed it and checked it out -- very impressive! The schedule push-back to Husqvarna is particularly sweet.

Here's what I'm doing differently in my ruleset:

• Variables -- I have most of my parameters defined in system variables, making them easy to tweak on dashboards. I can't reference them in MBT
  • Wet Grass -- as noted above, and my OWM isn't showing up as an option for some reason, will check. Might make sense for this to be a drop-down checklist of all the (relevant) conditions supported by OWM. IIRC, it's case-sensitive (could be wrong), so I coded my rule see if it contains "ain"|"torm" etc.
  • Wind -- haven't done this, but it occurs to me that any wind exceeding a %mowhighwind% parameter might be useful, as it increases the likelihood of trash, leaves, dropped braches, etc. on the lawn.
  • High temperature -- I don't use a weekly average, but a three-hour sustained temperature above %mowhightemp%. Where we are (outside Philadelphia), both high and low would be relevant. I try to use the guidance from my state Extension service
  • Low temperature -- Don't mow below %mowlowtemp%; needed in my area, see above
  • Reverse presence -- Mow WHEN sensor present, not just pausing/parking when present. I use this [for my presence] so I don't have to ask someone else to rescue the mower when it gets stuck
  • Mode -- park in certain modes (e.g., away, or a 'entertaining' mode, etc.)
  • Battery threshholds -- Since my mower often runs out of juice before making it back to the base, I have a rule to park when battery is below %mowlowbattery%. (They really should have put this in the app.) I have another failsafe rule to pause at an even lower %mowerlowerbattery%, so I can direct it in person rather than lugging it back to the base.
  • Rescue alerts -- various actions for mower being stuck, e.g., alerting, Echo notifications, with limitations for mode [perhaps also for type of alarm, e.g., stuck vs. escaped boundary].

Good stuff. Some easy to add, some harder. But the reverse presence is actually already implemented, since you pick present/not present in the dropdown option.

:stuck_out_tongue: Duh, of course

Im trying thus rule right now using actual rain sensing with my ecowitt nit just forcast.

Here us tweaked rule first one had wrong attribute .. for eccowit rainrate wirks.better and is instant. Got rid of ataya/delay so it responds quicker. In my test depending on your reporting settings for automower and ecowitt it gets back.ti charging station in about 5-10.minutes.

@nh.schottfam Thanks for doing the heavy lifting in integrating the Automower. Maybe I missed something in your instructions, but I have the AutoMower Manager app installed, but it doesn't appear to have created any devices. Any help?

Thanks!

token has started expiring every night at midnight which is a pain redoing it every day.. anyway look at implementing the refresh token call?

I have not seen this. At first pass the code is using the token expiration they report.

Would be good to see logs of what is going on for you.

You may need to share more of what you are seeing in the steps....you are able to use these credentials with the Husqvarna mobile app and see your devices?

If I understand your question, yes I can see my mower in the Husqvarna app on my phone. I've been using the app to control the mower for about a year now. This is my first attempt to integrate it into HE. It looked like the configuration worked - it accepted the app ID and secret hashes okay. But when I look at devices in Hubitat, there's no mower.

I would suggest you check you created the integration correctly on the Husqvarna site (the application). Note you can only have 1.

I have not seen issues connecting on my side.

Does this look right?