Hue Power Loss Memory - Finally

Yeah thats the one thing I'm really not sure of lol. Only time will tell :wink:

No update for UK users yet?

It's not a bridge update. I had to update my App to see it.

iOS? I have it here.

I tried updating the hue app but it’s saying there is no update.
Ios - ipad.

1 Like

I can’t update it on my iPad either, but I could on my phone. Maybe they’re doing a staged rollout. They are different apps overall.

I have not successfully gotten power cuts to keep the bulbs off. Even if they were in the off state and I cut power, they came back on.

Their twitter account seems to confirm with people off state should work.... but that's not what their video shows. Unless there's more updates that are rolling out slowly for this feature to work?

Alright, I take that back, I did get it to work. The issue is your power outage has to last longer than 10 seconds. And it only works once. So it probably won't help my random power blips overnight (luckily rare).

1 Like

Thanks for testing. Didn't get a chance to do it myself.
Unfortunately I get quite a few blips so I guess my custom solution will stay in place. I think I can at least remove the part of it that resets my color temperatures so it's a step in the right direction.

I'm not sure you want to remove it yet. I didn't test thoroughly, but if I get a blip, the color setting remains. But since the blip is short, lights come on (as expected now, didn't last 10 seconds). But say it happens again... lights come on, but now they come on at the factory default.

Well that's weird. Why would it start across the pond?

Most 'features' are released in the USA before anywhere else.
Not sure why but it's the same with most companies.

1 Like

Didn't expect it from a Dutch company. They always release the hardware in Europe first. Must be different devisions? Software devision is US based maybe?

I didn't get a chance yet today to check the iphone app.. but the ipad app doesn't have it for me.

1 Like

Received a bulb firmware update early this morning. All my Hue bulbs now work with the new Power Loss Memory feature¡

1 Like

Looks like we are getting more options soon. I like what is doing...should have done this stuff years ago, but better late than never.

for what they charge for their dam bulbs, these things should remember everything and wipe my...

nose

1 Like

This plus Smarter Bulbs (with changes) works well. I’ll put my Smarter Bulbs changes in the same repo.

I haven't looked through your code but based on the description it probably does something very similar to the app I wrote for essentially the same reason. I used this device instead of a esp device to report power states.

1 Like

I've gotten most of my Hue Whites for less than $15 a piece. The only other brand that beats them in price (that I'll allow on my mesh) are the Sengleds for $12 a piece.