Hubitat with Homemade Temperature, Humidity, Pressure and Light sensor

Whoa! Your battery is way bigger (thickness) than what I have seen.

Do you know what you need for width?

1 Like

8.4mm. Battery was for an old, cheap drone. Thanks!

2 Likes

@brianwilson I made the battery compartment wider.

iharyadi Zigbee Router Case 8.4mm battery v0.stl

Enjoy!!

Happy Holidays,
Brian S.

2 Likes

Woo! Thank you!

Proper recycling :+1:t3::blush:

I'm sure my kid will use it with her Legos to make a spaceship or something.

1 Like

Message me, I am ready to buy a few!

I've just had 3 of these arrive today, and they are all working great. :clap:

Thanks for all the work you have put into this project Iman @iharyadi.

3 Likes

Hi,

Just FYI, requests for sensors before Christmas has been shipped. Some of you have get back to me that you have received it. Thank you for letting me know. If you has not gotten yours, I can update you with a tracking number in PM.

Thanks
Iman

1 Like

@iharyadi, I received mine yesterday when I got back from vacation. :metal:

Power outage & Smoke detector monitoring.

1 Like

Now someone need to design a new mounting plate for an existing smoke detector that can accommodate this new module and also provide a splitter cable for the power and link signal. That way this can be seemlessly integrated.

Actually this will work.

https://www.gordonelectricsupply.com/p/Wiremold-V5737-Ivory-Ext-Box/11647?gclid=CjwKCAiAo7HwBRBKEiwAvC_Q8eX8L4v9ltHAW4uPTmaHx33w4OAQPGqWAAS0pj3LZfvvkghhcFB7phoCibYQAvD_BwE

@iharyadi When can I get one of the new module?

Awesome work BTW..

2 Likes

Do most codes allow using the smoke detector circuit for other purposes? While this use seems harmless enough, my assumption is that this may not be officially allowed in many jurisdictions.

I would say as long it were to get UL listed it would be legal, there are lots of these devices available currently.

smoke alarm relay

I just want to let everyone know that I do not have any more sensor at this moment to share.

I am in the process to manufacture the sensor in small quantity. One of the variance from the last batch close to what I would manufacture. I am planning to run a test manufacturing run of 10 sensors soon. If they goes well and cost does make sense, we may have a steady supply for everyone here.

There is still a few hoop to jump at this point. But, I am crossing my finger that we may pass beyond the time that you have to wait for me once a year to build these sensors.

Thanks
Iman

3 Likes

I am thinking that at the time when (or if) this configuration become available for commercial and a certification is needed, It would make sense that I would look into getting certification for it.

I think attaching something to your a smoke detector is not out of the question as mentioned by @parish99. It is more of the questions of whether there is a certification is needed.

At this point, it is just an idea. It is a prototype to show whether combining the environment sensor and the monitoring of the smoke detector is make sense. Does the reward of convenience worth the effort to get clearance from any jurisdictions?

As for pioneers, I think this is a good time to share some additional technical design in the aspect of making the module safe to use. I mentioned on the other thread that the smoke detector monitoring is based on Dr Edward Cheung. He used an optocoupler to isolate the interconnection to the monitoring side. This is probably as safe as you can get. The reliability of an optocoupler is perhaps order of magnitude of a mechanical relay.

On the power supply side. The AC converter is protected by 0.2A fuse. This is to ensure that we are drawing minuscule amount of power with today standard. There is also 70 degree C thermal fuse just in case. There is also Varsistor to protect the power side from voltage spike. There is also more than enough separation between DC and AC side.

If you open up one of these real smoke detector, I wonder whether they are even taking care the safety of the power supply side this much.

2 Likes

Adding to me being yet another person who would buy one of these from you. Not just because I really need and want it (I do), but I'm am equally a huge fan of supporting tinkers and really appreciate what you are doing here!
Thanks for contributing in making this community so awesome. While HE is very cool in and of itself, what is making me love it is this community.

4 Likes

@iharyadi can you let me know the size of the PCB board for this? I am trying to figure out if it will fit in this (might need to adapt to use size box) so I can make all the smoke detector in the house smart by adding one of your PCB under an existing smoke detector.

Thanks,

1 Like

@cuboy29,

The size is approximately 10 cm x 7.1 cm. If you find a good box, let me know.

Thanks,

I see they have metal extension box only. Will have to get a buddy to design me one so I can 3D print one.

UPDATE: I think we have a winner

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3546364