Hubitat safety monitor

How do you turn on live logging on HSM?

Just the general live logging for Hubitat. It does show some errors related to apps.

I am connected to the safety monitor and tried to setup an alert with the only device I have right now - the First Alert Smoke/CO detector. In the safety monitor app, I don't see any selectable option under "Send notification to devices". Also, how do I test to see if the notifications are setup without actually setting off the smoke detector?

That’s just for the Pushover driver right now. If you’re not using a Pushover account, then your only option is SMS or a custom setup to IFTTT

Thanks! I got the SMS setup for my Water sensor - that was easy to test. Do you know of a way to test a sensor like the Smoke detector with out actually setting it off?

Also, I signed up for Pushover...however, I don't understand what the steps are to set up notifications through them. This would be ideal since I travel internationally and won't have access to my SMS alerts. I read through these threads:

It appears I need to install an App on my Pushover account - but how do I point it to my Hubitat in particular? When I create the new Application in Pushover, what "Type" do I select for the Hubitat App - options are Plugin, Application, Website, Script and Other.

The wiki on the v1-0-9 update states Pushover is integrated in now - does that mean I don't need to setup a custom driver?

See this post:

How do I get to the "Pushover Device configuration screen" mentioned in that post? I'm guessing that's where I paste in my API key to connect my Hubitat to my Pushover account. However, I can't find that configuration screen. I have copied and pasted the Github driver code in a new driver I created.

@bravenel - could you help me get to the "Pushover Device configuration screen"?

1 Like

So first you need to add the pushover virtual device. To do so, go into Devices. Click the "Add Virtual Device" button in the upper right.

Fill out the New Device fields, similar to this:

Most critical is the "Type" has to be "Pushover driver"

and click save.

This will then create the virtual device.

You can then paste in your keys:

1 Like

Thank you @patrick and @stephack! Got it working :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What would be best way to go about having Home be armed in an Alexa routine? For example, we say 'Alexa, good night' and few things will happen like lights turning off. But would be good if can get the HSM to be armed with this as well.

Create virtual switch and a RM rule to arm HSM when the switch turns on.

3 Likes

I have Firmware Version: 1.1.3.116 and Hardware Version: Rev C-4. I'm not getting a text message to my Android phone. Even with this new update, do I still need the Pushover App or only if I want more than 10 messages per day?

You should be able to send 10 SMS per day. Can you test SMS by some other method? Or, test you HSM setup by using a light for alert, see if it's alerting correctly.

I have a GE motion sensor set up. It wasn't picking up before but I have changed multiple changes trying to get it to work. I got a text alert on my wife's phone for intrusion-away but not Intrusion-away in HSM. So I know the sensor and hub are working. Let me do some more looking, but I may have to get back with you. Thanks so much for the quick response.

HSM logs events in Logs. So can see there if it's doing what it's supposed to do.

My logs are blank. Do I need to do something to make them work?

This just showed up. first time since yesterday when I started with this.
)2018-09-11 13:28:18.202:infoDining Room Motion Sensor is inactive

I have three more logs just show up.
dev2)2018-09-11 13:37:18.768:infoDining Room Motion Sensor is inactive

/logs#app2)2018-09-11 13:31:00.089:warnAlert Intrusion Dining Room Motion Sensor active

/logs#dev2)2018-09-11 13:31:00.023:infoDining Room Motion Sensor is active

/logs#dev2)2018-09-11 13:28:18.202:infoDining Room Motion Sensor is inactive