Hubitat Rule to work with IFTTT and Lifx Help

Hi All,

I need some much needed help and would be grateful for some suggestions.

I have a split wardrobe that I share with the missus. I would like to illuminate either side for her or me depending on who has opened what door. I have contact sensors installed on his and hers doors. I have also 1 Lifx Z LED strip across the entire length of the wardrobe. I went for the lifx strip because of the ability to control individual zones enabling me to have a have on have off setup. Using Scenes, i can divide the strip into left and right. I would like to have it setup so,

Door 1 Open Door 2 Shut = Scene 1 (Left Zones) On.
Door 1 Shut Door 2 Open = Scene 2 (Right Zones) On.
Door 1 Open Door 2 Open = Scene 3 (All) On.
Door 1 Shut Door 2 Shut = All Off.

I know that i will probably need some virtual switches in Hubitat to use with IFTTT but not sure on the logic as I am still fairly inexperienced at using rule machine. I would like the lights to swap between these scenes depending on the opening and closing of the different doors at different times.

I realise that this would be loads simpler with 2 separate strips but the aren't cheap.

Where does IFTTT come into it? Is that to control the LIFX Z strip?

I'd suggest using my LIFX drivers - LIFX Local Control the current version should let you control the zones as you want thanks to recent work by @dkilgore90.

1 Like

Agree, it sounds like you are currently planning to use the lifx app scenes to split the zones in half. With @rob's driver, you should be able to use the setZones custom command in RM to turn on/off half the strip -- include each zone for that half, setting brightness to the desired value for on, brightness to 0 (zero) for off. This keeps all of the control local.

1 Like

I didn't realise that a local control driver was created for HE. I was going to use IFTTT as the go between for my HE contact sensors and my Lifx Strip.

Great work @rob and @dkilgore90, i'll have a look at the readme file and get on to setting it up. Thanks for the help :+1:

1 Like