Hubitat review from a Homekit channel

I have no more knowledge of Hubitat Inc’s business plans than the rest of us. But the company being acquired by Apple is definitely not something I worry about.

I agree too. I think Apple would screw it up.

Apple has snapped up 125 companies though the years. Sometimes just to kill the product, sometimes to sell it as their own. Beats comes to mind. Hubitat would be pencil dust on the Apple ledger. Let's hope not though. List of mergers and acquisitions by Apple - Wikipedia

They are losing good will in our home with all the "by the way can I sell you some..." I get it. They want to monetize this hardware somehow. And we buy a lot from Amazon anyway. But, they win our business by providing a frictionless online purchasing experience. Not by creepy up sell suggestions via a device that is a guest in our home. The answer for AMZ might be to sell the Alexa as a subscription. WIth the promise of ZERO selling though the channel. Just a thought.

2 Likes

I dont see it happening, Apple just dont need to play in the same space as Hubitat - Hubitat would also be a struggle for a big OEM like apple to support.

2 Likes

Apple has bought a lot of things I didn't expect. Not saying it will happen, but just that I wouldn't write it off. I do still think it's a low chance though. Hopefully they aren't interested though

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.