Hubitat is Awesome!

Just want to send a thank you to the developers for Hubitat. I migrated from ST and have not looked back. This is the real deal and anyone serious about Home Automation this is the product!

3 Likes

+1 for me too!

I shut down and removed my last Vera Hub today and couldn't be happier! WAF is also much higher on Hubitat and I've been able to build so much useful automation in the last month that I simply couldn't do on Vera because it was too slow and unreliable.

PS, reading your title immediately triggered the Lego Movie "Everything is Awesome" song in my head! :rofl:

#LivingTheHomeAutomationDream #EverythingIsAwesome

2 Likes

I'm a ST refugee and amazed at how powerful and FAST hubitat is. I still prefer the UI of webcore over RM (I'm using webcore with Hubitat, but only to set modes), but I'm starting to get the hang of RM and see some of it's advantages.

And, King's Quest III for the win.

1 Like

Close, it's Space Quest ]I[ :+1:

Awesome. I was more of a Hero's Quest guy. I spent way too long trying to figure out which one it was!

1 Like

I was a big fan of that series too.

:rofl:

It’s funny, before I found this topic I was thinking about composing a love letter to Hubitat, and then I found this topic.

Every day I’m finding more and more cool and useful things I can do with Hubitat. My home is doing things now I couldn’t even consider previously because Vera was just unreliable,

I’m so glad I found Hubitat! I’ll occasionally criticise (hopefully constructively), but I’m just so grateful for Hubitat, nothing else comes close imo.

@bcopeland you and @bobbyD are amazing, I’m very very impressed by the support and community engagement you provide us with. Keep up the amazing work.

:+1:

8 Likes

Don't forget @gopher.ny!!! :grin: :beers:

3 Likes

I haven’t had any dealings with him, but I’ll take your word for it. :+1:

Wow a blast from the past. Seeing those floppies is a blast from the past. I was kings quest guy myself. Apple IIe. Lol

Get trident
Use trident

Anyways. Carry on..

2 Likes

I was a Tandy 1000 EX kid but the Apple 2 range is a favourite of mine too. :+1:

3 Likes

VIC-20 over here - 6502 assembly for the peek and poke win! Sadly no pictures remain.. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

TI 99-4/A, cassette drive, and a 13" B&W TV as a monitor. C 1982. 16 bit microprocessor and 16K of RAM as I recall.

S

2 Likes

Nice.. This was my first computer

1 Like

Can I ask where you got the powered contact sensor?
I'm familiar with the Ecolink, but that's battery powered.
Thanks.

I too have come from SmartThings, been using it for just under a month now and would say that I’m relatively competent. Loved every second even the frustration of having to learn new things, I’m very much a tinkerer so even when it’s working perfectly I’m changing things :joy:

Thanks team, much love.

3 Likes

I’ve used this method to convert battery devices to usb powered:

2 Likes

LOL, it has changed as my home automation has grown. I started out using one of these: https://www.amazon.ca/Fibaro-Z-Wave-Flood-Sensor-FGFS-101/dp/B00P2PJI6U
It's a flood sensor, but you can power it with mains power and add use terminals as the contact sensor. It work well.

I then purchased on of these, cause I needed two smart relays and two dry contact sensors. The device comes with three relays and three dry contact sensors, so I used the spare contact sensor for the interconnect relay. Also works well.
https://www.amazon.ca/MultiRelay-ZEN16-Sprinklers-Fireplace-Repeater/dp/B0846DZJD8

My Christmas holiday project is to use one of these: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07PR9T5R5/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A2K4DGCC72N9AG&psc=1
to read my water meter, to also tie in the interconnect relay for my smoke detectors, and to also read contact sensor information on 6 basement windows. Integrate all that into hubitat for a device that costs a little over 10 bucks, I will see how it works. LOL

3 Likes

Those little nodemcu's are my favourite thing in the world. Aside from my c7 which i purchased back in july after flinging my smartthings hub in the bin.

you can do all sorts with them! Just bought another 10 for about £20 GBP.

Also a happy camper. I like that I can have obsessive phases with HE, and then I can leave it alone for a few months and be certain that everything will work as it should.

I also like knowing that pretty much everything is possible. If I can dream it, I can build it. Now, sometimes it takes me a minute to figure out how to build it, and other times the forum reveals someone already did before me.

I figure some time soon I'll have to start swapping my old Z-Wave devices for gen7, and it's good to know there's a new hub waiting for me when that happens.

1 Like