I feel like, naturally, there are a lot of posts on the forums about things that need improvement with Hubitat. That's understandable as it's a place people come largely to find help or report issues. Upon reflection this morning I realized I've probably posted far more critical posts than positive ones and that isn't reflective of my feelings and experience with hubitat.
I don't think there are enough posts about the general awesomeness that is Hubitat. So I wanted to add a post to the positive side becuase there should be more!
It's pretty amazing what this little $79 box has done for me:
- successfully replaced my Wink Hub 2 with far far more functionality
- has allowed me to build a very robust DIY home alarm that I can monitor and arm remotely without subscription costs (many older standard monitored alarms don't even allow for this)
- has completely automated the lighting in my home with time and motion based events
- allows me to remotely monitor and lock all my doors
- monitors my dumb smoke detectors and performs a bunch of automations for safety in the event they are active (turn on all lights, text neighbors, unlock the doors if we are home)
- monitors all the leak detectors in my house and will turn off the main water valve if a leak is detected
- integrates with all my Hue bulbs and Lutron switches
- allows for the creation of lighting scenes
- similarily has allowed me to do some pretty awesome things with the awesome little Lutron Pico remotes
- monitors my garage door to ensure it's not left open or opened unintentially
- has allowed me to very cheaply build a wall mounted tablet that monitors and controls almost every light in the house, the tv, fireplaces, lighting scenes, temperatures throughout the house
- gets the house ready for us to go to bed with on push of a button
- shuts the house down when we leave and fires it back up when we come home
- provides us useful real time info verbally through our google homes around the house
Honestly, both me, and even my wife, would feel like stepped back in time if we had to go back to before a lot of this was in place.
So to Hubitat and the community and specifically the owners who are so active on the forums like @bravenel, @mike.maxwell, @bobbyD, I say thank you and hope that critical posts are taken with a grain of salt as the critical posts wouldn't be made if people didn't care and truly find value and utility in their Hubitat hub. We all want to see the platform do even more and ensure that this little mighty box keeps on providing the value and utility it does currently, for a long time to come.