Hubitat Garage Door control for Chamberlain MyQ enabled systems

Ah, gotcha -- I'm admittedly not familiar with Konnected. I was under the impression they would be connecting the reed sensor to the Zen, but if it's integrated some other way, then it should be smoother sailing.

What apps are folks using, if any, with the fingerbot?
Tagging: @bigstevep

My garage command center

1 Like

I use the Zooz app, to work with my Zooz Zen16 dry contact. You can select one of the child relay (the Zen16 has three relays) for the app to trigger the Wall unit.
Since the finger bot is like the Zooz dry contact - it has as single function - you can try using the Zooz app to trigger the finger bot when you issue the command. This will work well only if you have a tilt or open/close sensor to show the status of the physical door. If not, just trigger the fingerbot from your dashboard :+1: :eject_button:

1 Like

Well the Finger Bot is a little tricker than that since the Bot will push when turned on or off. They will get out of sync if you manually (via wall switch or some other way) open or close the garage door via On/Off. This could cause sending a On or Off command when the Bot is already On or Off.

So this is what I do:
I use my iPhone to open or close the door when my Geofency presence triggers my presence switch (either On, Present or Off Not Present)
Create a rule that says when the presence switch to On and if the Bot switch is off then turn it On.
Create a rule that says when the presence switch to On and if the Bot switch is On then turn it Off.
Create a rule that says when the presence switch to Off and if the Bot switch is off then turn it On.
Create a rule that says when the presence switch to On and if the Bot switch is On then turn it Off.

Has been working perfectly!

1 Like

I don't use presence, and currently have a SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor V5 on the garage door used with the MyQ app.

Hopefully the Zooz app works with the fingerbot, if not, I will cobble some rules together or perhaps modify the existing HE MyQ app to work with the finger bot.

I'll also recommend this option. If it's Refoss or Meross, it's the same thing. There's a non-HomeKit version too if that's not your thing.

Soldered the contact wires from the controller to the actual button contacts inside (Not the contacts that go to the opener. Same as OP did). The button connection to the opener doesn't change. This allows me to keep using the button as normal and the dry contacts that are built-into the Refoss/Meross controllers closes the actual button on the Chamberlin wall mount button module, so the encrypted signal is still sent to the garage door opener. As many are likely aware, you cannot just close the button connection points on the opener like in days of old. You need that encrypted signal from the wall mount button to be sent to the opener. I'm pretty sure the wires from the opener to the button are just power for the button. The actual connection to the opener is wireless. I recall having to do a sync proceedure after I reset everything. This opener was here when we bought the house, so I wanted to make sure that there weren't any wireless controllers not in our possession that were synced to our opener.

The wires you see coming out of the top of the Refoss controller are going to the included wired contact sensor and mounting bracket. This indicates the status of the door position. Simple and effective. The only other thing needed is a nearby outlet or other source for a 5v USB power connection for the Refoss/Meross controller.

You can of course mount it properly somehow. It's an oversight on their part not to have simply added some additonal plastic to the case with some holes for screw mounting it to a surface. I just happened to have a shelf that was already in the garage and the bottom of the shelf bracket was very accomidating to my laziness. Shoved it under the bracket :smiley:

For an iOS user, this is a really great addition and inexpensive. Very quick access your garage door from iOS control center, and if you have CarPlay, you can control your garage door from there too (appears once your CarPlay connected phone joins the WiFi network as you pull into your driveway).

I found and installed the "Garage Door App" on HPM that works well with the Finger Bot and supports a door closing siren sound on my Fully Kiosk Browser and other devices.

Unfortunately I am unable to find the OP, Matthew Petro, or any threads for or about the app here on the community forum .

I think one of the people at zooz actually wrote it... (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

The first 15 lines of the driver bear that out.
/*

• Zooz Garage Door v1.0.1 (Drivers Code)
  • Changelog:
  • 1.0.1 (05/09/2020)
  •  - Added Import Url

• 1.0 (04/11/2020)
  •  - Initial Release

• Copyright 2020 Zooz
1 Like

Good catch!

Also recently "upgraded" my garage door opener, only to find out about Security 2.0.

Luckily this opener attachment from Garadgnet was shipped fast.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I am still not sure how you connect Garadget dry contact adapter between wall panel and Zoom Zen16. Can you please provide a diagram?

Thanks in advance

Connect the dry contact side to the relay on the zen-16, connect the security 2.0 wires to the contacts on back of the garage door opener. Depending on where you mount things you may need to splice on wiring. Use 16 or 18 gauge wire.

1 Like

Perhaps this diagram can help. Connect Garadget Red wire to existing MyQ opener's red wire. White to White. The Garadget has two more "speaker" wires (clear). Connect those to your chosen child relay on Zen 16 (One, Two or Three - that's the same one you'll configure in the Zooz Garage Door opener App). It doesn't matter which of the clear wires from the Garadget you'll connect to the Zen16.
Zen16Wiring

1 Like

The diagram and the detailed instruction are so clear!!! Thanks so much!

Just checked Garadget website and though they provide the final solution, I'm left wondering why folks dont try to add the leads themselves and save some dough.
The Security+ 2.0 Wired Dry Contact is sold on Amazon for $10 without the leads. What one would do is solder on the leads to where the button plugs into the circuit board. Same with the garage remote openers which are $50.
In fact the reason I am writing this is because I just finished working on mine, used loose T-stat wiring for the leads. Also got a 3V wall adapter so no more battery in the remote.
Just a thought...happy to discuss.

Not everyone has the necessary tools, or knowledge on how to solder. If it’s a one time situation like this, a niche solution like the Garadget works :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Same can be done with the wall panel that comes with the garage door opener. No need for the extra button. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I haven't thought of using the wall panel button! That would actually save me a wall adapter. Genius! Thank you! :slight_smile:

Recently purchased 3 new Chamberlain openers for my doors. They came with the same wall switch which is used in the Garadget Security+ 2.0 Dry Contact Adapter. Instead of spending $75 for 3 extra buttons I already have, is there some instructions on how the extra wire leads are connected in the Garadget adapter?