Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

It might be using rolling RF codes then, if that's the case you won't be able to get that working. I checked their site and it seems they have WiFi integration meaning they must sell a hub addon for it. See here. I'd reach out to them.

1 Like

Don't bother with addon systems. They are rubbish. Just get reverse cycle. Although they will do the job nothing beats reverse cycle.

@njanda, I have 6 of them, got it during the oomi indiegogo campaign. Works brilliantly with hubitat with aeotec drivers. It is essentially a rebranded aeotec door/window 6 sensor with nfc chip built in.

Battery suppose to last 10 months per charge but I think mine must be degraded now as it last about 2 to 3 months for doors that are regularly used. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Hi, how do you find konnected so far? Interested to connect this with the current Hills alarm.

I've been using it for the past 6 months, it works great; I found it's more cost-effective if compared to install reverse cycle to each room (I have 4 bedrooms + large living area).

If anyone’s interested....
ZwavePlus outlets (with USB port ) for under $50 on fleaBay.

1 Like

this uses the aeotec driver ?

That’s what I believe and hope.
I’ll tell you for sure next week after I get back from Thailand. (If they let me in. LOL)

3 Likes

If they do don't forget to buy toilet paper in duty free, you can't buy it anywhere else apparently !! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@stevebott124 - Found this in the manual " add your Plug to your Z-Wave network via Aeotec by Aeon Labs’ Z-Stick or Minimote controller. If you are using other products as your main Z-Wave controller, such as a Z-Wave gateway, please refer to the part of their respective manual that tells you how to add new devices to your network"

I can't tell of the USB is always on or not from the manual though. Colors would be useful in the Museum for remote troubleshooting so may buy a couple to test then use them instead of the tp-links

yeah - so they act the same as the aeons then.

Sweet!
I’ve ordered 2 in “Black” :+1:t3:

1 Like

I've done the same !

1 Like

Crikey,
SmartThings will continue to struggle with their dealer promotions like this ......

A$27 from JB Hi-Fi is a good price for a very well behaved sensor :+1:t3::+1:t3:

1 Like

Yeah have seen that before and had a laugh. Thanks for the heads up on the sale off to get some more to replace some xiaomi stuff. I've found them to be alot more reliable.

1 Like

Yeah. The grief that comes from Xiaomi is just not worth it. IMHO
I’ll go pick some up on my way back from getting toilet paper. :joy:

2 Likes

Hahaha it's nuts isn't it.

1 Like

Hey guys,
I'm open to comments as I'm contemplating pulling the "buy" trigger on one of these to see how it performs as a user interface.
With video input (for rear camera when used in a car) it opens up a few ideas....

Thanks, I bought 3 of these today. Now to find a use for them. They do acceleration, temp, open/closed and xyz axis.

2 Likes

What water leak sensors would you recommend? Is the Smartthings water leak sensor the gold standard?