Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Fyi those are reported to not work with Xiaomi sensors just incase that's something you're using or was intending to use.

Where/are people pulling current satalite images of rainfall maps ?
i'd like to have one like the BOM setup on one of my dashboard pages.

If anyone's interested i just picked up some Sengled Element globes at Bunnings for $10 each on clearance.

1 Like

Which Bunnings?

I've got the BOM weather thing installed but it constantly errors on forecast refresh. Current info seems ok. I dropped darksky because it was miles out.

Are you referring to my BOM driver? If so, I'd like to know what the errors are so I can try and fix them. You can put it as a github issue/or pm me so as not to clutter this topic.

(Just to clarify, my driver doesn't include a rain radar/satellite images as stevebott123 was asking about).

Hey @cometfish, yep I use your BOM drier, I'll direct message you if that's ok, I think it's a BOM issue not your code.

I use this image url on my dashboard "http://www.bom.gov.au/radar/IDR714.gif" it is always the current image for the radar in Sydney and refreshes when the dashboard does (typically) :slight_smile:

Cheers
Steve

5 Likes

Bunnings are definitely getting rid of all their Sengled stuff. Everything is on clearance at all stores by the look. 15 bucks for the gu10s, downlights. 29 bucks for the outdoor spot with sensor.

Do they work well with HE?

I think so yeah. I've only tested one of the downlights so far, but others have tried the gu10 bulbs. Sengleds are HA1.2 Zigbee and they don't repeat (afaik), which makes them good mesh citizens for HE. I grabbed a couple of par38 spots for an outdoor spotlight, they have a motion sensor built in which is nice, so i'll just allow those lights to go on and off as a security light at night, but I can also use the motion alert for other HE automations.

Should add that only the Sengled Element stuff is zigbee, a lot of the stuff is wifi/bluetooth which of course doesn't work with HE.

Bugger. Of course Bunnings would have the GU10 Sengleds on sale while I’m out of the country.
They work great on HE.
They’re simulating me being home :blush::+1:t3:

Must be in-store only - As i cant see them on their website...
29 bucks for the outdoor spotlight and sensor sounds good!

Yeah, they've removed all the Sengled's from online store. So definitely clearing it out. Bunnings are heavily pushing their gridconnect system, so I'd imagine a few of the other brands will likely disappear.

Another WiFi System!!!
Every man and his dog is coming out with a "system"

Yep. It's really creating a mess. Compatibility is really only been sold as a voice assistant feature.

At least the majority should be flash-able with Tasmota using Tuya Convert which does provide a level of consistency, also @markus provides excellent firmware and drivers in HE too.

2 Likes

Yeah, but the kinds of folks shopping at bunnings aren't going to also go and buy a raspberry pi and configure it for flashing plugs which would be another 60 bucks or so. That's ok for us, but it's still a mess for smart home adoption in my view.

2 Likes

Off topic, but I saw that Ikea are going to be rolling out Solar Panels !!
Ikea Solar

Or a business opportunity. LOL