Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

I been using it for a couple months with the generic switch driver haven't had any issues.
I tried to see if it would repeat my Xiaomi temperature sensor but it routered through my Nue switches instead.

1 Like

Just came across this pic on a home assistant forum. Interested to see how much the Sonoff type device will be when released.

Have you looked into the Fibaro Dimmers? They have 2 switch inputs, which I believe can be configured to operate as dim up and dim down buttons. I know you specified 3 discrete inputs, but wouldn't up/down buttons suffice, assuming that pushing the up button will turn the light on if it's off?

Sounds hopeful. I have found in the past though that Zigbee devices would still work together for a short period before falling off so maybe report back after days/week.

EDIT: what other zigbee router devices are you using? Do you have Nue switches etc too?

I have a Nue Inline switch and a RGBW Led controller, couple of smartthings sensors and the rest is xiaomi. Will keep an eye on it and see how it goes but so far so good.

1 Like

What repeaters (pls link) are people using?
Or are most of you using devices as repeaters ?

Ikea Tradfri and xbees for me

1 Like

I’ve got a mix of mains powered devices (Both Zigbee and Zwave) as well Tradfri

1 Like

Hi all. Anyone done any work on integrating Actron Que systems into Hubitat?

Found this blog post on reverse engineering it.

Same guy has also made it work with HomeAssistant. GitHub - MikeJMcGuire/hass-actron: Actron Air Conditioner Add-On for Home Assistant

Thanks,
Shane.

I believe you were talking about the blitzwolf humidity sensor - yes?
Were you able to get it working. I like that there is an LCD screen on the device. Would be great if they worked.
Mac

it only shipped yesterday so will probably be a few weeks till I get it.

I'm watching you as well. If we can get that baby working I'll order a few I think

I have a lighting dilemma. I am using the Nue switches (nearly throughout) but sacrificed dimming on many of the ceiling downlights to get control, now I miss dimming.

An option (as I understand it) is:

Replace some ceiling downlights with Hue downlights, disconnect the wires to the particular switch then have the Nue switch run an HE command to raise or lower the lights based on the button being held.

Alternatively, put a micro dimmer behind the switch and have HE control that via a Nue switch/button (rather than replace the downlights which would be more costly).

Any thoughts on this or another way to tackle this?

My vote is for a micro dimmer but can’t you get a NUE brand dimmer switch ??

you can but it will only control one set of lights, in places I have 4 gang switches. I also think its the 'wrong type' of dimmer for my cabling/lights.

Ah, right.
Do you have gyprock / cavity walls ?Otherwise you might not have space behind the switch plates for several micro dimmers

Gyprock but yes space may be an issue behind some.

Also, I need to consider that in the event of my hub being offline (blown up perhaps, awaiting me to fix/replace) I will not have control over those lights any more, in the case of Hue, i'd still have Hue app access to them.

But to replace all with Hue would be a few thousand $ and I'd need more than one Hue Bridge (50 max limit).

I’ve not got micro dimmer versions of behind switch plate devices just the in wall switch versions and they operate with manual switches - hub or no hub.
I believe the Fibaro, Quibino dimmers work the same way

I was planning on disconnectimg the switches physically so they didn't conflict with the hue bulbs by people turning them off, but allow them to control the hue bulbs through HE only which would prevent your scenario working

Hey guys,
anyone tried THESE
with Hubitat ??