Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Do they also do temp and lux?

Has anyone looked at the Coolaroo brand of remote controlled solar powered outdoor blinds at Bunnings? Solar Motorised Exterior Blind | Coolaroo

They look interesting and run over 433Mhz so controllable via RM Pro and (I think) Harmony Hub,

1 Like

They do temp, but not lux, which is a bit of a bummer.

BTW, even if you don't go for the Iris sensors, I would recommend probably sticking with the Hue or some other Zigbee devices. It seems to be commonly accepted that the Zigbee motion sensors are faster to respond/report than the Z-Wave ones. I can attest to the fact that my Iris and Hue sensors are noticeably faster than my Aeotec and Dome sensors (the Aeotec being the slowest). I wish I had know this earlier, as my setup was basically 100% Z-Wave until I did some digging and decided to try out a couple of Hue sensors.

1 Like

Not really ! Especially for the price.

1 Like

No i haven't but I did see them in passing previously and considered it. I just completed a google search and it seems someone in AUS did just that and run them from his Hass.io platform which means they don't support rolling codes which means you could use the broadlink or even the bondhome.io like I do for my shades and fans.

I did see that post also. Solar looks very appealing (no electricians need again :wink:) When you factor out the cost of the actual blinds themselves the control setup is about $250 which doesn't seem unreasonable.

1 Like

Question, the Tp-Link powerboards, can we power the hubitat from the USB on them ?
Voltage looks right not sure about the amps ?

I'm starting to plan an area in the Museum and I'm already probably going to have umpteen network cables, another network switch, and extension leads everywhere so wondering if the TP-Link USB on the power board will power the habitat in an effort to minimise power boards ?

When the time comes though I will probably just get the Somfy battery motors for my outdoor shades as my indoor ones have been really good plus I need some weird sizing on the deck anyways so a custom shade setup would be ideal.

They output 2.4 A across both so you should be fine provided you aren't running something that requires all the current on the other port.

1 Like

Yeah, you'll have no problems doing that. The HE hub is very power frugal.

1 Like

@at9 & @njanda thankyou for the fast replies. Writing a grant submission and looking at using the tp-link power boards instead of normal power boards for future proofing,

1 Like

So Somfy have battery systems that work outdoors? The only 2 I could only find on their website were indoor use only.

No idea too be honest I haven't really bothered to look into it much, all I know is I asked the dealer who did my motorised indoor shades if they also do outdoors too and they replied with yes. I told them to call me back sometime in the new year so if I learn more I will definitely pass it on.

EDIT: Also I don't really need battery ones outdoors either as I have 4 GPO's on my new deck, 2 on ceiling and 2 down low so plenty of places to plug powered ones in if they had something in that space too. It would still require a remote though and need to be compatible with the bondhome.io like my other ones if I was to buy it off them.

1 Like

Merry Xmas Everyone !!

5 Likes

I'm getting some motors added to both internal and external rollers, which can all be controlled through somfy. My outdoor blinds are zip trak https://www.ziptrak.com.au blinds. I can't remember exactly which motor they are installing, but I can find out.

1 Like

Sorry, just realised you were talking about battery powered motors... Mine will require access to my power circuit.

@sburke781 those ziptrak outdoor blinds look good. I will keep that in mind if I don't like what the other place is putting forward. Also I don't mind if it's battery or powered but I do have power available in the space if required.

Thanks, I'm very happy with them. My place is West facing, with glass sliding doors onto a balcony, which would become radiators without some protection. They also offer internal blinds, but I just have regular rollers.

1 Like

I noticed yesterday morning when it rained that my new deck isn't completely protected, it's protected from the sun though which is good. Anyways having some sliders to pull down to completely seal it up would be awesome especially if I can automate them too.

I had 2 new 2.4m Zip Electric blinds installed 2 weeks ago, they are quiet and work well. Just using the supplied remote at the moment.

2 Likes