Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Not sure about what?

I think that I want to keep the Ikea Tradfri equipment as "Routers".
I don't want other zigbee devices routing to the hub through "neighbours".
I'm going to have to confirm that.

I'm assuming I'm on the right track here, but I'm not seeing some of that issue with the 3aSmarthome power points.

I added some Tradfri repeaters a few weeks ago and everything that was routing through the 3a power points switched over to the Tradfri ones pretty quickly (as they are in better locations). I rebooted my Hub this morning (do it occasionally to tidy things up after mucking about) and you can see that the devices are coming back on line and routing through the Family Room Repeater which is an Ikea one, the ones highlighted in yellow are the 3A ones and even one of those is going through the tradfri repeater. Mine seem to switch as signals are considered better or worse with no issues at all even after being on the 3A power points.

What I do notice though is I don't see any devices that don't route through something and I can't remember if I could before the 3A power points went in,

I had no issues with 3asmarthome zigbee switches during my testing, in fact they were rock solid across the 4 i ran for months with multiple Xiaomi sensors. Anyways I will be moving into my new house this weekend and it has 13 Nue switches so I will know soon enough as I have a ton of Xiaomi sensors to install as well so I will report back.

Good luck with the move, man

1 Like

I visited the new house today and configured Hubitat with all 13 Nue switches, Schlage front door lock using lock manager and the HubDuino / ST_Anything garage door opener and all working fine. I did have issues initially finding a good spot for the contact reed switch but in the end I sorted it out. The only bad part is the NBN is taking forever, I'd say I won't see internet there until mid next month :frowning:

EDIT: @mike.maxwell what was weird though all the Nue switches worked great bar 1 single 1gang gpo switch. I just couldn't get it to use the Nue driver I had to leave it as a Generic Zigbee switch. Any ideas? It just wouldn't show state and I couldnt even select on / off until I change it to generic. Might be one to pull logs from when I move in.

Is there only one of these devices ?
If not, it could be on a different firmware ?

Yep just the 1 didnt take the Nue driver well the rest of them were bang on. Fortunately it was a single gang so it worked fine with the generic so I set that and kept moving :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds like it’s a dud then.

It could well be. I actually ordered some spares anyways as I only had a spare 3gang left and the builder lost a 1gang switch too so I figured i'd get a 1gang switch and 1gang dimmer switch so I had some laying around.

Anyone got experience comparing Samsung button (button functions + temp reporting) with the Xaiomi buttons (button function only). ??
Are Samsung less fussy / trouble on your mesh ?
And less expensive - not needing extra repeaters etc ?

my ST button is a lot nice to click than the Xiaomi one.
I have the ST as a doorbell and the X as my bedtime routine one and most nights I wish I had switched them around. Temp reporting on the ST is pretty spot on for me.

I use the Xiaomi buttons but I haven't used the Samsung ones. In fact I used one yesterday to operate as my garage door opener to control HubDuino / ST_Anything, I can tell you they are lightning fast though which is good.

In relation to temp I have one built into the garage door opener and it works well. I will also be installing some Xiaomi temp sensors so I can report back once I am setup if your interested. Outside this I just have 1 Philips Hue motion temp one that works well too.

Are you keeping them on their own Zigbee mesh etc as has been recommended ?
It’s this and the added complexity which has me thinking perhaps SmartThings sensors have a better ROI.
E.g. Door/Window sensors = contact + vibration + temp.

A word of caution for ppl wanting to use the 1000lm tradfri bulbs on their hue bridge - I bought a couple a few weeks ago during the ikea tradfri sale and while they could pair with HE they refused to pair with my hue bridge, despite the serial numbers indicating that they should work.

In the end I had to get the ikea gateway and updated the bulb firmware and bingo - paired nicely with hue. Before anyone asks, the only reason why I'm using these bulbs is that no one else makes any as bright as these (and the price is pretty decent).

I have some ikea bulbs running off my hue hub also, they work well, well priced. Cant ask for much more.

Hey anyone using Shelley 1's? Where do you get them from (they seem as rare as hens' teeth).

1 Like

Yep I use it in my 12v Alarm system and I have another I the box spare. I got them on eBay sent from Bulgaria , it's a bloody good quality product.

I ordered my Somfy RTS motors the other day for the new house. I'm so glad Bond supports them as it turned out my local blind/shade shop sells them so that was super handy. What was funny is Somfy Australia has no acknowledgement of Somfy on Bondhome.io so I had to put a formal email to the blind/shade shop for them to proceed as they were worried I wouldn't get the support I wanted :laughing:

1 Like

Are you sure Somfy is supported by HE?