Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Really??? Hell yes. Does that have power monitoring?

Edit: Doesn't look like it. KP303

Yes, that's the one. I think it was around $70. I saw it yesterday in the JBs in Altona North VIC.

Oooof. 70 bucks! Ah well, it has a usb port for a tradfri repeater as well, so that's good.

1 Like

Hey @keith_munro, thanks for the praise, you picked it up really quick which helped alot.

Glad to hear it all got across the line. Maybe we could change the GH minis to the Ikea Symfonisk for more volume.

1 Like

The new Nest Minis have better sound apparently as well. So they might be option as well, if the 150 buck ikea is too much.

1 Like

Current plan is to grab a new Nest Mini and try that where I need to conceal a speaker. I think the Nest mini's are 15w vs 9w speaker although apparently now have a proprietary power lead which is annoying (was planning to see if they ran of a USB on a managed plug to cut down on power boards etc)

Definitely Ikea Symfonisk up in the watchroom as it's a large area and they can go up on top of the cabinets, also looks like they have an ethernet port in them so I can migrate them off the wifi and put a managed ethernet switch in up there if I need to with a trunk to our core switch. (for some reason I always run twin ethernet lines, used to be redundancy, now seems to be trunking)

Quick Question for OzHubbers! Now that our numbers in Australia are starting to grow, would folks be interested in creating an Australian Hubitat Users Group on Facebook as an extra piece to the puzzle?

I'd rather have our own community forum like this one rather than yet another bloody Facebook group. Just my 2 cents tho ::stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Likewise! Specially cos some might not use facebook

I like the sentiment, but I think another place would end up as a silo with just Aussie users there. Whilst this thread is a bit unwieldy, at least other users from the US etc. can find it.

That's fair. Not a fan of Facebook myself. Be open to other options, just didn't want someone to have to pay for hosting. I've used Discord which ain't too bad, but that's more popular with Gamers.

Was more thinking that if we get to the point of organising meetups or events etc. Would certainly continue to post here generally.

Also, somewhere to collate information about the products available to us, and the different sources/retailers.

Maybe management will let us have our own category so we could have sub sections under it, anyways that would be pretty cool.

@bobbyD Not sure if they'd go for a Region category, with sub regions, but we could ask. Thoughts Bobby?

1 Like

I'm with @jchurch, rather a proper forum than another farcebook group that tells you about things three weeks after they happen. No threadcontrol in facebook either.

Could we start a thread for that ?

We could, but as Hubitat grows, it'll become lost among the rest of the site. Also, wouldn't want to clutter up categories with region-specific content. If we had a Regions category, then at least we could pop stuff there.

Had a little chuckle, pricing some things and according to JB Hifi the Smart things motion sensor can:

• Receive alerts if doors and windows are left open
  • Detects vibrations from glass breaking
    which is identical to what the Multi purpose sensor does...โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..
    and in the detail the Multi purpose is mounted on a ball swivel...โ€ฆโ€ฆ.

A separate section for Australia and NZ would be great if we are allowed๐Ÿ‘
Much easier than reading a 900 posts to find whatโ€™s needed

I say keep the same forum. One place to look for everything. But rather than one post getting too large. Why donโ€™t we just create additional posts for each issue In the right groups and place Australia or AUS in the title so we can search for those relating specifically to Australia. My 2 cents worth

Wot @jchurch, said.
I don't do facespace or Mybook