Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Bunnings stocks them (new model) and it's even cheaper there.

2 Likes

Wow, $29 much better than $35+ I typically paid for mine, not to mention the slimmer design.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/tp-link-kasa-kp115-smart-plug-with-energy-monitoring_p0247164?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-OeBBhDiARIsADyBcE4xovkxBQakNHToATBBDivGZInZHz-SDa2Uk-yB8Zx21l1KAVHSZxwaAvIqEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

It was on special last week for $24 too...

I have a few TP link plugs myself but I am coming away from them as they are wifi and the device handler available for Hubitat appears to bog down the hub performance. Someone suggested this Telstra ones which are zigbee so I ordered some from Ebay:

1 Like

Well I've found some zigbee light switches that don't require neutral and more importantly are Aus certified.. Same brand as my current Rf switches (makegood) but I don't have to use esp8266 to report state of switch and broadlink device to control them through hubitat.

Not sure if they'll upset my xiaomi devices if they act as repeaters yet.. Will install them over the weekend I'd say.

1 Like

I’m just about to purchase a light switch that looks very much like yours: https://themarket.com/nz/search?sc=6163743867051&itemmid=5349&name=nz-smart-things-zigbee-double-light-switch&showModal=true

Would that be the same light switch do you reckon? Where did you purchase yours from?

Hi all, I think we recently had a convo on smart outlet power monitoring - I just thought I'd add some extra experience.

I recently got a cheap Cordless drill for my study (I have a 3D printer) and tried using a Samsung ST Zigbee plug to control its charging, but it was basically useless. Wildly inaccurate and slow to update.

The automation I wanted to run was a Daily power on and charge for up to 3 hours and when charging was complete (triggered by power-draw dropping below a certain level), turn off the outlet.

So I ended up swapping in an Aeotec SS6 Z-wave Outlet and putting the ST in its place (power monitoring wasn't needed for that locale) and voila, everything works properly!

So this just confirms, power monitoring via Zigbee is close to useless, stick to z-wave devices if you need this IMHO.

I bought mine from OzSmartThings. Likely the same.

Are you able to take a photo of the back of the switch as post here? I’m curious to see if the RCM tick is there.

Sure will. My other Rf ones have it and have a copy of the compliance certificate

1 Like

Here we go.

1 Like

Brilliant! Thanks for that. I’ll get myself a couple ordered.

I've yet to install. Well they only just came out of the box. I'm hoping they won't act as repeaters for my xiaomi devices (all my other repeaters xiaomi freindly) but I'd say they will be seeing they are plugin/always powered devices. Then again they may be ok repeaters for xiaomi. Time will tell over the weekend.

I'm assuming they'll be detected as generic zigbee switches.

I’m hoping so too. I’m also looking at getting the 4 gang switch, so hopefully there is a driver that will detect all 4 gangs.

What’s the chance of there being a driver available for their dimmer switch? https://themarket.com/nz/search?sc=6163768901803&itemmid=5349&name=nz-smart-things-zigbee-dimmer-switch&showModal=true Has anyone had any experience with Zigbee dimmer switches?

Hey @mike.maxwell. What do you reckon the chances are for a Zigbee driver to already exist which would work with the dimmer switch in this post and the light switch a couple of posts up?

the switch should work with the generic zigbee multiep switch, the dimmer will as well, though it won't have level capabilities.
We don't currently have a multi endpoint dimmer driver.

2 Likes

hey mate, what's the cool off (time between motion checks) time for this sensor?

Hey all,
I may have missed it but what are we using as motion sensors at present ?
The samsung ones seem to have vanished from the market.

I've got a Hue hub will the hubitat read from the Hue and rive non hue things ?

Also has anyone found rechargeable CR2's ?

I don't believe the integration app can pick up on motion sensors paired to the hue hub, so if you leave them on the hue hub you need to setup your motion rules on hue. I ended up getting a new C-7 and linked just my hue lighting devices to it

1 Like

Can I pair the Phillips sensors straight to the C5 ? We want to put a motion sensor near the front door and have it announce via a google mini when someone approaches as the management spends most of her time in the rear of the house, she is getting very sick of Aus Post's knock door run routine

Yes, I use a couple on my C7, they work great. Just make sure you configure them properly so they dont eat their batteries. eg Re-trigger time and Lux reporting time.

2 Likes

Thankyou, now to discuss with the management for funding, being on standard batteries I can use rechargeables so there's a win there as well