Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Spotted these today - seems like a great price and plenty of stock.

Anyone know if these are Tuya based or will otherwise work in HE?

1 Like

Not sure but i'm using a few of their zigbee sensors and just noticed they are all on sale for $18 at Harvey Norman after clicking your link. Anyway you just cost me more money haha.

1 Like

I used one of these in a previous implementation using one of the PC based solutions. My recommendation would be to invest in the Hubitat. I have just migrated my entire setup (42 A3 RGBW downlights and dimmers from the Hui Hub to Hubitat after testing in my test setup for 3 months. Being well and truely off the cloud is a god send. Alexa links well and very stable.

To any of you using GH assistant, they've finally rolled out the 'scheduled actions' feature. This allows you to make commands based on time or duration.... eg, turn on/off light in 10 mins, turn light on for 10mins, turn light on/off at 7pm etc...
Pretty cool feature. Im surprised it wasn't implemented sooner.

Jb have also got the mini on sale:

As well as the nest hub

One thing to note is that they don't appear to work with 5ghz if the channel is over 40 and neither does the new Google Tv.
This was driving me crazy trying to work out why they drop off the network and not reconnect all yet the Gen 1 speakers I have were fine until I realsied my wifi was adjusting channels.

2 Likes

I had something similar with my Bond bridge, spent ages trying to work out why the app couldn't rediscover it and it was because over in the states (I believe) they only go up to channel 12 or something like that and my router had switch to a channel in the 20's.

I've recently had a couple of Aeotec Nano Dimmers installed in a 2 locations and am enjoying using them with Hubitat. I do have a problem that I'm hoping someone has a solution to. How on earth do you get 2 Nano Dimmers behind a Clipsal C2000 wall plate?

We just managed to squeeze in one Nano Dimmer behind a 2 gang plate with a 30BPL momentary switch and regular latching switch. I don't see anyway for 2 Nano Dimmers to fit, even with 2 regular latching switches (which have much less depth).

At this point I'm looking at raised mounting blocks just to get some space, but really Aeotec need to release a Nano Dimmer that can handle 2 switch loads. I have no neutral runs to wall plates (except external lights), and the house is a double story brick, so I can't run neutrals to many of the wall plates. Aeotec and Fibaro dimmers are my only choice.

Smartthings sensors are $10 at JB HI-FI, i just cleaned out my local haha.

Ha ha, so did I. Unfortunately, not power points left.

Bummer i got 4 multipurpose sensors and a couple of leak sensors. Might try a couple of other stores nearby aswell.

1 Like

When I checked last night Qld had the closest stores but that may have even dried up now. I was lucky enough to get some ordered for delivery.

1 Like

JB have taken the page down now for the plug.

Yep only the water leak sensor showing for me. And the person sensor thing (not the ir motion sensor) plus the hub.. So too late to the game for me.

Their stock levels are all over the place the website said no stock of the plugs in NSW but I still managed to grab a couple, leaving a few for the next guy. I went back about half an hour later and the number of multisensors had halved lol.

You can connect your old wired alarm system with Konnected. Its works well, also works to wire in lots of other stuff

It was a crap low end system, I’m glad it’s gone.

HSM is much better imo.

Konnected links all the wired devices up to HSM

Mine had cheap 433mhz wireless sensors.

no problem, just letting you know

1 Like