Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

I suggest using Markus's driver for Ikea repeater rather than the standard one. Markus's (thank you very much) drivers are working very well for me

1 Like

Looks good @bogdan.mail i got my contact sensor, another motion sensor and the button today. Can confirm the button is also working with @markus sonoff - Button driver and has pushed, double tapped and held working well.

1 Like

Hi Welby
Thank you for letting me know about the Cygnet button. I don't know what to believe about the battery life. These sensors seems to be fast but a little hungry in terms of battery. Not sure if this is the case or just a reporting matter within the driver. I am suggesting keeping on eye on this prior to extending the "fleet"

1 Like

I think I'll grab a cheap sonoff motion sensor and see how it goes.

I have one of them and it works fine but the build quality is very ordinary. You may have to bend the battery contacts to get a good connection aswell i found.

1 Like

I'm guessing they are like all my other zigbee sensors and the battery reporting is pretty weird. They all seem to drop pretty quick and find a level to sit at for ages.

Ok, I've just got a second Cygnett motion sensor tested, All perfect, recognised first time, pulled out Markus's Sonoff driver automatically, battery 100%.. It may be good and perhaps I've just the first unit that I've tested was a little bit "temperamental" All good.

I figured I wouldnโ€™t care about a cheap one, being used for a proof of concept, not surviving the damp conditions in my mail box.

1 Like

I made a new letter box and put a contact sensor on the flap at the front. If it gets opened I
get a google voice message and turn the kitchen light strip red, has worked well sofar...

1 Like

Hi Guys,

Having bought a few switches from Kevin in Melb and they are working quite well and hubitat picked them up no Drama's.

I have noticed we wait for the community to hand over kit and wait for the guru's to port over the zigbee or zwave sensor to hubitat and they do an amazing job.

Is there any tutorials to let the community learn how to port over new devices so we can grow the community quicker in Australia.

Why are there no protocol Standards in the home automation space so we can just use the devices as the Industrial and commercial space does?. Its got me beat.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi @njanda

I have a couple of these working great on ST.
Now i need them connected on my HE, but i can't figure out how to get them into pairing mode.
Do you have any ideas..? :slight_smile:

According to the manual:

Power on/off the device 5 times until the beeper in the module sounds continuously.

Let me know if it works because Iโ€™m about to have to do the same :wink:

1 Like

And hereโ€™s the manual:

1 Like

Thanks

Yup - i've read that too but can't get it to work.
Just to be clear - do you think the instruction mean:

Start with power ON - then power OFF/ON 5 times - end with ON the 5. time?
OR:
Start with power OFF - then ON/OFF 5 times - end with ON on the 5. or 6. time?

Who knows :man_shrugging: Maybe just turn it on and off until it starts beeping

I have to do the same very soon as Iโ€™m about to move mine from a C-5 hub to a C-7. Hopefully we can get the device to reset :slight_smile:

I have a vague recollection that it actually needed the "switch" connected to the unit to be cycled 5 times NOT power to the unit.
Sorry I can't test right now but I should be able to get to do some testing sometime tomorrow.

2 Likes

Just tested:
Shortening the "S1" and "L" 5 times will make the relay beep after a couple of seconds, and go into pairing mode.

Thanks @njanda..! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Haha. You beat me to it. I just found the same. It is the switch in the S1 port that has to be switched on and off 5 times

2 Likes

Just be really careful doing that. It is after all 230v that you are playing with doing it that way. I would recommend turning off the power on the circuit, connecting a light switch or similar between L and S1 and then use the light switch to turn on and off the switch.

1 Like