Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

I think sinope tech have a line voltage thermostat.

Yeh that's the one I linked to :slight_smile: But it doesn't seem to be available in AU. Does anyone here have/use one? I found one site that will send one to AU.

@dJOS, which mech are you using? There seems to be a couple of different types. I am assuming these are the normal rocker type momentary but I saw some the other day that were more of a push switch which I assume are these.

Im using this one from the Iconic range:

The 41EPBM-VW isnt compatible with the normal rocker switch caps and it's iirc only for the Clipsal Controlink system.

1 Like

Cheers, does it have a click when you use it or is it just a push without any noise?

It sure does, here's a quick video I made just then. You'll also hear a faint secondary click which is the Aeotec Nano relay firing.

Clipsal Iconic 40MBPRL Video

2 Likes

Thank you!! That is exactly what I needed to know. Really appreciate the video.

1 Like

No worries, there's nothing like an actual demo to provide useful info.

1 Like

I see the motion sensor can't be removed for battery changes once it's stuck on. Is that correct?

Yep you will have to unstick it to change the battery. It's still working really well and is fast to react, i think i'll grab a couple more and try the contact sensors aswell.

1 Like

Thanks - going to grab a couple too. The door sensors are a bit pricey tho.

1 Like

I've just installed @cometfish's BOM drivers, all working great. Is there a way to get the 5 day forecasts also?

1 Like

From what I remember when I last looked at it, I think we will need to modify the code, I think it only looks for tomorrow's forecast. I can't remember if that was going to be a difficult thing to do or not.

Thanks, that's too bad, I'm not that good a coder to be able to do that although I probably could manage enough to scrape the bom site to get the data out by other means.

I'd offer to help and would like to get the same data myself, but have a bad habit of over promising, so should probably just say I will try to get to this at some point, but don't know when...

1 Like

Hi Welby,

Just adding that the Cygnett contact sensor is working very well with Markus ( thank you) Sonoff contact sensor.

Neverthetless, for the Cygnett motion sensor works with Markus Sonoff motion sensor ( and any others that I've tried) but I can't get the battery as for the contact sensor. It works well indeed apart of this. Any luck with the battery level reading ? Thank you

1 Like

Cool good to know, i've ordered a contact sensor to try hopefully it will be here tomorrow. Not sure on the battery reporting yet but will have a look, the motion sensor battery reporting seems fine though.

You'll be happy with the contact sensor, if problems press the small switch to show "Previously joined" to refresh it ( as recommended by Markus as well)

1 Like

Hi Welby,

My issue is with the motion sensor battery reporting which does not show up as the contact sensor ( please see the attached snapshot). Which driver and version are you using for the Cygnet motion sensor? Thank you

Door status doesnt show battery level, neither does contact sensor. You'd need a custom Tile to show that too.

Hello Derekjosborn,

Thank you for your feedback. Just a little bit confused and perhaps I am wrong with the terminology as I have limited experience with Hubitat. Could you please clarify what did you mean by mentioning that both of the sensors are not showing the battery level ?
I am asking that because in the attached photo above the contact sensor displays a battery level in excess of 80%. Perhaps I should have been referred to Voltage ? Nevertheless monitoring the status of the batteries is important for me, therefore any comment will be appreciated.Thank you