Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

I bought a Spruce controller for my ST days. Never ended up using it, but that could be another avenue for controlling water (through a common irrigation solenoid). Probably an overkill though unless you've got more than one flow that you want to control.

I like your probes. I can't find anything like that on Ali. The ones of Ali are more basic and the ones with the clip leads are kinda expensive.

Not sure if they are based on esp8266 chip, how do I check?

Dont prefer changing tap fittings but thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

You'd need to open it up and take a look at what is printed on the chip but depending on where it is located you may not be able to see it.

There was one that was same as Markus, but a lot more expensive (and possibly an older generation). There seems to be three main versions of the ECU probe frames in Ali/Bangood (cheap, better, best). I ended up getting the "better" one:

These things are generally used to connect non-OBD flashable automotive ECUs to dump/flash them. So the middle plate is where you place a suitable adapter with pogo pins and clamp down to make a secure connection to the ECU PCB. If you know that you will never go down that path, you could look at the cheapest one. For example:

One more catch with cheapest one is the tips don't seem to be replaceable. So I couldn't use P125-B for example.

3 Likes

Thanks for the leads, @hongkey. I ended up getting this, which is the 'cheap' version as I have no plans to use it for anything other than flashing Tasmota. This seller ships with ePacket, so should be reasonably quick. By the look of it, the tips are separate and replaceable? At a guess, you'd have to get the same diameter tips, whatever that is.

1 Like

I've got a basic Actron Connect App and device talking to the Actron Connect cloud service working with Hubitat, but my system is not a Que, so I believe it behaves slightly different.

I'm still learning the ins and outs of writing an app/driver, but have got it to work so that once you've gone through the normal setup using the Actron Conenct app, you just enter your username/password in Hubitat and it will discover your AC Node, and create the AC device and all the individual zones. I've been using it to read all the zone temperature sensors which I've then been able to graph using HubiGraph.

Next bit I want to tackle is making changes/updates via the API, and once I get my head around that, switch the primary communication method to use websockets instead of polling the API for realtime updates (as opposed to the standard REST API).

2 Likes

Good to see someone working on Actron intergration. I have no idea how to code drivers but I am happy to Beta test for you if you like. I am currently running thier web app inside a dashboard to give me another interface for control. Intergration in to a driver would mean being able to run rules/automation within Hubitat.
I am aslo running Hubigragh and love it.

Hi @jchurch. How is the Iris keypad going? How do you use it? Does your whole household use it or just guests? I want to fire up HSM and just working up a plan first.

1 Like

Going great mate, my wife and I use presence to arm/disarm but the keypad is nice as it beeps when it does both of these things so you literally hear what's going on. It's also nice as a backup if presence failed (this is very rare) as you hear it continuing to beep it just gets faster and faster before the siren goes off. In addition you can give say mother in law or close family friend a pin to come and go without needing presence to arm/disarm.

btw, I am running mine off 5v PoE so I never need to change batteries etc either it's really nice.

2 Likes

For anyone whom uses the Xiaomi motions sensors I created a mask for it to be used outdoors. It goes really well with the awesome new drivers @markus recently created.

3 Likes

Cool! How much does it narrow the detection width by, do you think? I 'm just using some painters tape on mine.

1 Like

Still playing around mate but at this stage it's looking good.

Nice. I think I might get one. Noticed the US seller soldnl out of the v3. Still selling the v2 though. As far as I can tell, the v2 is fine to use, right?

1 Like

Haven't used the V2 only V3 but if that's all you can find then so be it.

1 Like

I was looking at getting one of these Mercator Zigbee switches, but I've been told by the distributor that they have been discontinued. :slightly_frowning_face: That was the only AU/NZ certified Zigbee switch that I knew of

Bugger !

It's working really well mate way better than I expected. I have one in my entry way and driveway and it's removed all false positives due to being outdoors etc. It's only picking up what it needs.

btw, I am using this in conjunction with my IP camera's for pin point accuracy. If the motion sensor detects something I am snapping an image and filtering it through Google Cloud Vision to detect person, car & vehicle and dropping everything else. Google provides you 1000 free transactions per month. If you go over that then they charge you $2.25 (US) for another 1000 etc but at this rate I will just live in free tier.

1 Like

@jchurch Since you're getting your 3D printing game on, you might be interested in this little mod I did to my 3D printer. I added a Sonoff SV to turn on an led strip at the start of a print and off once it ends. That way I can monitor the print via camera upstairs without leaving the lights on in my home office. I use an octoprint plugin. I 3D printed the Sonoff case, of course. Can share deets if anyone is interested.

4 Likes