Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

For those of us on the west coast, Ikea Perth has added zigbee tradfri repeaters to their stock. They're each $19,99, There's plenty of stock lying around!

Was looking at an echo show 5 and bunnings has them for $109.
Or better, officeworks will price match and beat by 5%

Been considering one for ages, and this is best price ive seen - time to go shopping on the weekend!

1 Like

Thanks @bobbyD for the regions and group. Appreciate it. :smile:

5 Likes

Nice work mate.

I'll see if I can create a closed wiki topic (with Bobby's help) for us to populate with product/retailer information to help folks find available options for their automations.

4 Likes

Started to put together a structure for the wiki pages, to collect together the information.

Let me know if this format for recording the different retailers looks alright.

It always happens, it looks like weโ€™ve got a couple of โ€œwannabesโ€ in our group. :blush::rofl:

Everyone wants to be as sunburnt and ruggedly handsome as us.

1 Like

Can we join multiple nation groups? I might join USA...........

Yes, you can. Note that the last group you join sets the avatar flag. You can change the flag in your account preference, or by dropping out of the group and join again so it will be the last you joined. This is applicable to "Owners" and "Developers" groups, which are also public now.

2 Likes

Still waiting on Ikea Adelaide to get them...

1 Like

Did anyone pick up any of the ALDI cocoon stuff? Looks like their Bauhn stuff is wifi tuya as well.

1 Like

I got one of the Power+ USB plugs and it's a nice design and very easy to open up / take apart BUT then its a real pain to get to the pins on the TUYA board.
The only access is by desoldering the 3 Pin plugs like...

Need to spin up a Raspberry pi VM and try an OTA flashing.

Now that I hadn't considered. You just spin up a VM with rasbian os on it?

Just did it this afternoon at work (sic) now I have to find time to try it out.
I selected a Debian OS during the VM install.

My shopping trip got delayed till Monday, might try and spin up a vm with linux in the meantime ready. Also got the Hubitat for home in the mail so plan to spin that up over the weekend as well, nightshift workload permitting

@jchurch Only 3 ports on the tp-link, but still handy. Think i'll wait for a special of some kind though, that price point is probably a bit exxy. Good for those of us not comfortable with the tasmota flashing.

1 Like

Does anyone know if these Tp-Link Kasa Filament Smart Bulb work with hubitat

1 Like

Welcome Leo. Kasa bulbs aren't natively supported, but there is a community integration. I've started populating product info here AU/NZ Products and Retailer Guide

Not sure with that particular bulb though.