Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

This may help

1 Like

You can update the driver from the same link, I have added the 1-2-3-4 gangs Oz Smart light switches.

This is a very simple driver handling On/Off commands only. I think there was a better driver for double/triple GPOs that provides also power reporting, but I am not sure if it works with Tuya's EF00 cluster. You can search this AUS/NZ thread for it.

1 Like

You are a star @kkossev, I now have my 3 switches back in operation on Hubitat. I will have a play with my other Makegood devices tomorrow. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out, thank you,

1 Like

I came across another Tuya Zigbee device that works well with Hubitat - the in-built drivers worked out of the box. It also works great with the Hubitat button controller apps.

I haven’t had it long enough to test battery life, but it’s much more reliable than the Phillips hue scene Controller (when connected directly).

https://amzn.asia/d/aRe7pjo

4 Likes

Replying to say I have just started deploying Ikuu switches at my new house and yeah, the lack of neutral is crap if you want to use the load-less with smart lights controlled via the hub. I could only get the single gang to reliably power up with a 31LCDA or Shelly Bypass. My solution is to open the switch up and cut pin 1 on the opto isolator and then connect neutral to the load terminal. Not ideal.

Brought 2 of the Zemismart Zigbee 4 gang TOUCH light switches.
With the below User driver they finally worked properly.
Paired with the hub quickly & simply.
Only annoying bit is they are a fair bit lower WIDTH (72mm) than normal Legrand / Clipsal switch plate, so as a retrofit I've had to do touch-up paint and even had to 3D print a wider backplate to cover a tiny bit of missing plaster!
And the rear box takes a fair amount of space so your wall gang box better be tidy!
Cant lean on the 2 wall screws too much because its main backplate is a bit flexible.
The aluminium edge is nicer than some that are available.
Actual touch functionality is clean, not too touchy or otherwise.

Zemismart Zigbee 1/2/3/4 gang light switches

4 Likes

Look nice enough but are they approved for use in Australia with EMC compliance?

which driver do you use on this if you don't mind sharing (the mercuator double gpo)

I use this one:
Hubitat/Ikuu Mercator GPO with Power Reporting.groovy at main · RichardLaxton/Hubitat · GitHub

2 Likes

Any luck getting the Actron air NEO intergraded wi home automation?

AUS/NZ-ers, where have you purchased your HE from?

If buying from Hubitat directly, what has the experience been with delivery time, plus import duties/taxes? (Asking regarding delivery to Australia.)

I've ordered through both the Hubitat site and Amazon. Both were relatively quick, though I can remember exact timeframes. I would expect Amazon may be slightly quicker if they are sending stock already in Aus, but otherwise the Hubitat site was certainly within similar timing to other things I have bought from the U.S.

2 Likes

I buy mine from Hubitat direct, shipping is usually 2 weeks and I haven’t had to pay import duties on any of my 4 hubs so far.

2 Likes

Does anyone have the Yale Assure Lock 2 in Australia?
Is the v1 zwave module compatible, if I buy one from Amazon?

I’ve got 2 of them, mine came with Zigbee modules and I just replaced them with Australian zwave modules that I sourced locally.

Thanks. Are the zwave modules specific to Assure 2, or generic for both models?

They are generic thankfully.

1 Like

2 hubs purchased direct from Hubitat with no duty paid on arrival.

4 Likes

How come you chose to replace the zigbee modules with z wave?
Asking as I have 2 with zigbee

I found battery powered Zigbee devices unreliable at my place on the c7, even with the external antenna mod.

Strangely, on the c8, using the same high quality antennas from my c7, my battery powered Zigbee thermostats etc all behave now.