Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Nice. I was after the same effect of the scrolling images on the app / site, which I was able to do with a bit of JS in a HTML file on the hub. I'd show it, but you wouldn't get the effect with a still image :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I'm slowly going to move over to shelley devices i think from my NUE switches. Good price point and the couple i have are really reliable so far.

2 Likes

Thanks, I'll pass that name on as well.

Is it right that the NUE one's are a bit of a fail, saw some iffy reports of the glass faces dropping off and other poor quality issues...

Yeah i've had a couple of faceplates fall off and smash and to be honest the terminals on the back arn't the best.

I've got one sitting in a draw that I bought by mistake, didn't have enough power to run my heat lamps in the bathroom. Might leave it in the draw....

Here's an example of what I was talking about last night with the radar images:

Keep the dumb switches and install Aeotec Nanos behind them. I know there are a few people who grumble about them but mine have been rock solid for nearly two years.

2 Likes

That's what I had in mind as well, Mercator have some which was what I was going to suggest my mate looks at.

No, I use the still image radar that @rocketwiz just mentioned, from @steveff :

Feel free to add an animated version to the driver if you want :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for crediting @steveff ! Apologies, I'd totally forgotten where the idea came from!

1 Like

Same, my house is full of them and they are excellent!

1 Like

Gidday, newb Hubitat user here, my C7 hub arrived yesterday.

Thanks for the tip on the Aeotec Nanos with dumb switches, I might do this in my new build.

I'm about to order a Yale Unity Entrance Lock with Connect Bridge, has anyone got one of these?

It's not a compatible device according to the list, so I am better to get the Conexis L1 instead?

Tips appreciated, chur.

Any one using Zigbee Security Keypad? I'm looking for a one to use with the HSM control.

Yep, I imported a second hand Iris v3, it works great.

1 Like

Yep - same here

I started early and got an Iris v2 keypad and it’s been perfect once I wired it for power and did away with its battery eating habit :blush:

What options are there for Aus (prefer 'no neutral'....but not limited to) Dimmer light switches.
I'm about to install led downlights and need a new wall plate
I don't have Hue, and would love to find a dial type switch.

Any ideas? or is Red Series Inovelli Dimmer switch the best?

Anyone had some strange issues after daylight savings change on the weekend ?

Nope

Not this year but did last year.