Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Anyone using a humidifier in their HE setup? Any suggestions?

Have you seen the Mercator Ikuu Here range of Zigbee devices ?

They have double power outlets which work very nicely that have power monitoring.

Thanks for the suggestion. They look good. I've ordered a couple of Shelly 1PM relays. I already use Shelly relays for my lights and they are very reliable and very flexible and configurable so makes sense to use these.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community @dtun64. I plan on looking at some very similar items that you mentioned, at least in terms of your Solar and BOM. I'll probably look at them over the next week at some point, perhaps even today. I'll let you know when I have something.

To give you a bit of a start with your solar, I have done something similar with Global Variables for my Washing Machine, Air Conditioner and Dehumidifiers. Some of the logic for detecting these states is handled outside of RM, shown by the use of a Virtual Switch. Where was your issue with this? Just not sure where to start, how to do the comparison or to store the text...?

Hi @sburke781 - can you share details of how you've done your dashboard? In what? How? Can you share screenshots / code etc??

G

I have been meaning to, if only for my own records. Might take a little while, but a couple of key things:

• It's a HE dashboard, no Smartly from memory, or at least nothing substantial, just a reasonable amount of CSS
  • Inspiration was taken from a design by who I expect is an ex-HE user, see post here
  • There's a lot of overlaying of tiles for different effects or just placement of details
  • Not entirely happy with the Poirot font for the dates / times / temps, very hard to find a narrow font I was happy with.... I think I'll end up buying one in the end.

As much as I would say it is not a scalable approach, i.e. I wouldn't do a large number of dashboards like this, it is worth it for a few to achieve the specific result I was after.

I might post a couple of details later today, then grow it over time... Will let you know when I've posted.

Here's a more complete screenshot. It's not finished, some of the positioning of the icons under the rooms are not right and the A/V controls at the bottom are not hooked up to anything, and I need to do some work on the bottom left corner with the switches.

3 Likes

So what is it displayed on? iPad/Andorid browser etc? And I assume you don't worry about having control of the home remotely? ie if it is HE hosted then you're not probably running it from a mobile device...??

I predominantly have it displayed on an old 10" Android tablet mounted on the side of my fridge. I do also occasionally look at it on my 6" Pixel 2XL phone. The 3 separate horizontal sections (Study + Kitchen, Master Bedroom + Bathroom and the date/time etc) each fit individually on my phone screen in portrait mode.

Although I don't do it very often, if at all, I expect I can access it remotely if I access the cloud version. But I have also recently setup Wireguard VPN which would also allow me to access it as though I was at home.

Simon

Nice dashboard, I like it :grin: @sburke781

For my solar itโ€™s very simple

If grid power > load then system is in Export mode, else Import mode.

But I have no idea how to write that with RM.

Also doing a > statement with a dashboard variable, I also have no idea how to do that with RM.

Thanks

Thanks. Out of interest, what solar system are you using. I have a Solar Edge Invertor and am using a Community developed driver to report the daily figures and the power flow.

Solaredge as well, and Iโ€™m using the community driver.
Mine will only update manually !
Not sure whatโ€™s missing from the code to auto update ?

I was looking at that earlier myself. I suspect the figures are updating automatically but the tile displays are not working the way they should. Might take a look. You using Funzie's driver?

Yeah thatโ€™s the one.

If I display individual attributes like load_power it updates as per the schedule perfectly.

If you use the power_flow tile if does not update.

Hmmm, strange... I see the same thing myself. The code looks fine. I'll have a poke around and might post on the thread for the driver with what I find.

I've got it now, the part that get's scheduled just does the figures, like we both saw. The button on the device page to get site overview or site flow, etc, they each get the data as well as updating the tiles. So I will ask Funzie if we can get it changed.

Nice work bro :+1:

1 Like

No worries. You should also be able to do a device refresh periodically in an RM rule or even call the commands if you wanted, which will update the tiles for you in the meantime.

Why canโ€™t I find > comparison function in RM ?

It does exist but only for numeric device attributes. What are you wanting to achieve?

Trying to compare values from my solar system to flag if the system is Importing or Exporting.

If grid_power > load_power then system is Export Mode else Import Mode.