Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

It's now all working reliably. Just gotta get me head around how much work to create a desktop tile that I can define days and the time a guest code turns on (setcode) plus a toggle/switch to have it on and off.. All involving strings and numbers, variables and connectors.. Perhaps only activated when we've left home...

Maybe leave that for the to do list as gotta get my head around it and working out the * mistake did my head in ha ha.

I can activate and deactivate a code based on time and day set in rule machine (no tile yet) so that's a good start.

1 Like

Use the codes to activate / deactivate virtual presence sensors via RM. Just makes everything easier.

Then your home away logic shouldn’t need changing. See my earlier example.

Yep, they are very pricy indeed. Around $120 a pop and in some instances you need to used a 'bypass dimmer' which is a type of low voltage correction device which costs around $25 each.

I've paid under a hundred each time I've bought them, but yes expensive. Factor in the clipsal monetary switch (if prefered) and it's getting up there. The aotech ones are slightly cheaper but still expensive yes. I haven't needed the bypass even with two led down lights.

Have you received the Ikuu devices yet @saxnix? I’m really curious to see whether they will work with HE or not.

Received them yesterday, and not having any luck with the bulb being found. Haven't been able to try the switch yet as I need to get an electrician for that.

Discussion on these products is over here

Yes had it happen a few times
Power cycle the switch
I just turned the lighting circuit breaker off for about 10 seconds then back on and wait 30 seconds
Worked for me a few times

Thanks for the suggestion, but no luck. I am replacing it in the next couple of days with a Mercator ikuu quad switch

I have several of the nue switches and mostly they have been pretty good
Have you tried doing a zigbee discovery again one of mine fell of the network did a discovery and Hubitat said found existing device and haven't had a problem since

That's not the issue - the switches themselves are stuffed. the switch won't let us manually turn them on. The owner of the store hasn't returned my email, and this is after he had told me he would replace my faulty GPO's after I returned them. He wanted me to buy the replacements, and when I send him the originals, he would refund. Well, now Kevin has not returned my emails. I think I will get fair trading involved if he doesn't get back to me soo.

I am about to buy some items from them... hopefully I don't run into trouble too... their prices are pretty good compared to most other places...

I’ve got a few Nue switches and yes the quality is very average. I’m still looking and hoping the Ikuu stuff is better and becomes my standard for my new home.

I am hoping to get the ikuu switch in next week, and will then also start replacing some of my LIFX GU10s

Despite my touch-n-go experience with the Nue devices, have written a driver for one of them should and locals wish to dabble... [RELEASE] Nue Smart Fan Light Switch driver - Community Drivers - Hubitat

1 Like

Well finally installed my first Makegood Zigbee light switch. Only one of them as I want to check if it destroys my xiaomi mesh...

So far so good. No flickering on an led panel. Seems to work well... Although seeing the report of flickering in this thread by @mattias I'm a little on edge for the next two installs that are for led down lights,

1 Like

Great news! The Mercator ikuu Quad Switch works with the Aurora Zigbee Switch driver.

1 Like

I finally got around to installing my front door lock, works great! I just need to install the back door unit now.

I made a simple RM rule to manage it.

1 Like

So with these locks.. What's everybody using in rules relating to these?

I am using the following

If I come back in geofence, wait until wifi connected then open the locks. Auto lock after 10 minutes in this case.

If I lock one of them, lock the others.

If I leave the geofence, lock the doors.

Add and remove a "pet sitter" code based on day and times. Have a toggle that also removes the code.

I've sorta run out of automation ideas now.. Wanted to do more.

So Aside from above which uses Geofencing, I also have Lock code rules that apply to both my front door and Alarm panel. eg:

I have a couple of additional versions for our Cleaner and House Sitters, plus an override for us should geofencing fail to unlock the door.

1 Like

I'm in (almost) the exact same position you are @adamk ! :smiley:
Old analog Honeywell single pole (i.e just 2 wires coming out of the wall) line thermostat that I would like to replace, no common wire, no low-voltage option.
I could do so with a zigbee switch, but it would just be better visually if I could replace the old, hideous thermostats with something more appealing.

My only concern is that in my case I have 3 electric underfloor heating segments in the house we bought without knowing what the draw is and whether it is below the 4000W/240V/16A that these thermostats are typically rated for... If the worst is that I can fry the thermostat, then that's something I'm willing to chance :slight_smile:

Did you end up giving the Tuya zigbee one a shot by any chance??

I've reached out to the Sinopetech guys who have a Hubitat supported thermostat to see if they will sell outside of Canada and the US, but the Tuya one will be cheaper and easier to get a hold of I reckon.