Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

I bought from another seller who had better feedback (listed below). They accepted my best offer so was similar price.. I'm always skeptical of an ebay seller with lower feedback than 98.5% as it often means a few in every hundred of people weren't happy.. Which is not a good track record... Looking at feedback is critical I find and shied away from this one you linked.

2 Likes

[quote="dJOS,

This is good to hear and thanks for your comments about these locks. Seems like we've made a good decision to buy these ones for a good price.

Do you know if lock manager can be integrated in rule's? So I could update what codes are valid on the lock based on days and time?

Or perhaps the custom code in rule machine has more options than just lock and unlock.

I believe my locks will arrive tomorrow so will check myself if you aren't sure.

Yes, I just setup a bunch, it's dead easy in RM!

Eg if we have someone coming over to feed our pets:

We have a Security Keypad inside the entryway too, so my rule can be triggered by it and the front door. The reason for this is just in-case the House sitter accidently locks the front door while they are still inside, they can put the same code into the Security panel to disarm the house (I set it up to lock the deadbolts only when Away, Vacation, or Night modes).

For us our phones act as presence sensors so the house will unlock by the time we are in the garage.

1 Like

Fantastic. Thanks for letting me know. Feeding my pet (soon to get a puppy) is exactly what I am getting these for.

I too use phones for presence detection to open gates and turn lights on/off. I thought of using this to unlock the house but I wasn't so sure seeing the radius I use for geofence to open the gates is reasonably large...

Maybe I use if i enter the geofence, then wait for wifi to be connected to unlock. This would need to be rule machine based, rather than modes but I tend to use rule machine for just about everything at the moment anyway.

@dJOS Last question. Can rule machine disable or enable a user code? So complex rules can allow or pause a certain user permission to unlock?

I repeat, I should get mine tomorrow so appreciate this is a bit of effort to answer if it's not something you already do.

Ok seems custom command in rule machine allows deletion and creation of codes in lock code manager. So can remove or add certain slots/users based on time of day, day of week or a toogle switch on a dashboard. Not quite pausing, but will do what I want unless the sync between lock code manager and the locks isn't reliable doing it frequently.. Time will tell I guess.

1 Like

Hi, can I know the security keypad that you use because I'm actually looking for one. Will also combine it with yale lock and any to use it to arm/disarm security mode in hubitat. Thanks

1 Like

What did you offer?

I've ordered one too, for the laundry door.

Has anyone got a good solution for syncing multiple locks? At the moment I've got two schlage locks on the garage and front doors that I try to keep in sync using rule machine. Sometimes they get into a loop though, and just keep locking and unlocking until they eventually sync up again. I've tried changing the delay between change locking/unlocking, but it still seems to malfunction sometimes, due to the delay in reporting state changes.

I'm using the Switch Binding app by @joelwetzel to sync some "dummy" two-way light switches, which had the same feedback loop problem in rule machine, but that can't do locks.

I sync them to home / away states rather than letting them auto lock after set periods etc. rule machine makes this easy.

OK. That isn't quite what I was after. I wanted to make them both lock if I physically or remotely lock one of them, whether we are home or not. Perhaps I need to make another variable that gets updated in Rule machine. Just seems overly complicated for a basic task, so I wondered if anyone had a better solution.

Oh in that case a simple RM rule will do it eg:

Triggers:
Door Lock 1 =Locked
Door Lock 2 =Locked

Logic:
IF "Door Lock 1" = Locked AND "Door Lock 2" = Unlocked
THEN Lock "Door Lock 2"
ELSE IF "Door Lock 2" = Locked AND "Door Lock 1" = Unlocked
THEN Lock "Door Lock 1"
END IF

You might want to add some additional conditions/restrictions, but the logic is simple.

EDIT: I made a couple of quick tweaks, this will only trigger when you lock one of the 2 doors. If you unlock either of them, it wont trigger and lock you out

Yep, that's what I'm using at the moment, but it gets into a loop of locking and unlocking, as the timing between locking and reporting being locked can vary a bit. I've got a 5 second delay, which helped a bit but sometimes it still goes a bit crazy.

I had exactly the same problem with some light switches, but that was solved by using the switch binding app. I was just wondering if there was an equivalent for locks.

If the triggers are only "Locked", it should never fire the rule when doors are "unlocked".

Yeah, but there is also one for "Unlocked", so they get into a feedback loop. I'll try adding the additional conditions and see if that sorts it out.

1 Like

I made the dude an offer last night. He counteroffered dropping $1 from his listed price. Today he drops the price on the item $5. Twat.

Yeh my problem was shipping was 19 dollars each item.. But he accepted 115 each. He ignored 110. But it still cost 238 shipped because of the rip of charging shipping twice at 19 dollars each.. However they came quickly and had much better feexba k than the others. Seems people got theirs ok from the other sellers.. However one of the other sellers had reports of selling refurbished items. Then claimed it was an accident = wtf

1 Like

So I first set the master code. Then paired the lock by going into settings in the lock to enable network connect. Paired in hubitat. Can unlock and lock from hubitat..

Sent into lock code manager and set two users with a 4 digit code. Both say enabled.. But the lock doesn't unlock with those codes after typing the codes then pressing hash.

Are the codes not loaded into the lock? Am I doing something wrong?

Go into the lock device and click “get codes” or “configure” (I can’t recall which).

I tried these both. I'll try again though.

1 Like