Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Interesting. I thought rolling codes in general were a roadblock for RF learning. My broadlink won't even recognise my Alpha blind codes for this reason.

Alpha do a wifi control box (Neo?) that works great with my battery blind motors. Although that is more 2.4Ghz than is necessary

Yeah, that is one of the selling points for Bond, that they specifically wrote an integration for these, while systems like Broadlink that learn more common RF commands cannot support these. Bond also has a learning option as well.

Thanks for the top on the Neo, I'll take a look. Another hub to add to the collection... Yay....

1 Like

Hey guys, if you have the cygnett motion sensors, how's your battery life like? Mine seems to go down pretty quickly, about a month in and down to 80% already.

My hallway one that gets a fair bit of traffic is sitting at 91% since the 1st of October.

1 Like

Does the Cygnett report temperature as well? I've heard if you set the temperature reporting on some other sensors too precise it can affect the battery life... i.e. the sensor then needs to send so many reports it can drain the battery more quickly.

1 Like

Telstra Zigbee Outlet issue - Power reporting

With this device, it seems it might be reporting the wattage as 100 times (???) greater than it should be. Any ideas as to how to get it to not report it like this, or is my power bill going to be massive? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Here is how it had been reported under the Kasa outlet

This could be related to the issues Mike talks about in this thread on the Samsung plugs. He mentions there are some fixes coming in the next major platform release.

It doesn't.

Could be the battery itself, maybe it doesn't like sitting inside my letterbox or possibly been sitting around for a while before I bought it.

Sitting in the letterbox may make the signal weaker, which I think can also impact on battery drain...

Possible - The xiaomi I had in there before didn't complain except that events got missed. I've got some new panasonic batts on the way so when it dies I'll retest with new ones just to be sure.

1 Like

The Telstra outlets LOVE reporting power. I was testing one connected to my laptop dock and it was constantly reporting because the threshold was set at 100 watts and the dock was cycling power on and off.
Set it to 500 watts via the driver was better but disabled was even better.
I was concerned because all the reporting would be clogging up the Zigbee radio

1 Like

Sounds like you need a little solar panel charger on your mailbox :blush:

1 Like

That's just inviting someone to come rip it off :smiley:.

In any case the readings are going all over the place, it's dropped to as low as 65% and then gone as high as 95%. Still works fine so not going to worry about it until it stops working.

1 Like

Small flexible panel mounted vertically on the back side of your mailbox.....,
Less than a carton of beer

1 Like

No space there. My letterbox is basically large stand alone birdhouse (home made) so no where to mount it where it's not visible. Plus then I'd have to add all the extra electronics to power the sensor :dizzy_face:

EDIT: My local Aldi once had a clearance on some solar powered motion lights (like $7 or so) so I grabbed a couple just to rip out the 18650, charging electronics and the panel to power some external sensors) So it cost a couple of cans only :smiley:

1 Like

The whole reason I bought them was for their power reporting :slight_smile: . I need it for some washer/dryer rules. I will have to play around with it a bit once the 2.2.5 of Hubitat is released.

Yeah they should be good for that.
It was the laptop dock, via USB-C, pulse charging the laptop that screwed up my testing.
When connected to more typical loads they’re working fine and I’ve been able to tweak the power levels to where I get only a couple of reports, when I need them.

Are you getting correct readings on the power report? Just received my plugs and they're reporting 2600 watts on a fan that runs at 25watts. This on the generic zigbee outlet driver.

Yes they seem correct. EDIT: - No they don't !
I’ll do a test with a single light bulb as a load just the find out.

EDIT: just tested a 13w compact fluro lamp connected up to the Telstra device and the device said it was pulling 825w !!

what are / if any of you guys using to control your ACs?
I was using the original sensibos but they have cut off support for them and was thinking of just grabbing 2 broadlink beans to turn the ACs on and off unless anyone was using something better ?