Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

And here’s the manual:

1 Like

Thanks

Yup - i've read that too but can't get it to work.
Just to be clear - do you think the instruction mean:

Start with power ON - then power OFF/ON 5 times - end with ON the 5. time?
OR:
Start with power OFF - then ON/OFF 5 times - end with ON on the 5. or 6. time?

Who knows :man_shrugging: Maybe just turn it on and off until it starts beeping

I have to do the same very soon as I’m about to move mine from a C-5 hub to a C-7. Hopefully we can get the device to reset :slight_smile:

I have a vague recollection that it actually needed the "switch" connected to the unit to be cycled 5 times NOT power to the unit.
Sorry I can't test right now but I should be able to get to do some testing sometime tomorrow.

2 Likes

Just tested:
Shortening the "S1" and "L" 5 times will make the relay beep after a couple of seconds, and go into pairing mode.

Thanks @njanda..! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Haha. You beat me to it. I just found the same. It is the switch in the S1 port that has to be switched on and off 5 times

2 Likes

Just be really careful doing that. It is after all 230v that you are playing with doing it that way. I would recommend turning off the power on the circuit, connecting a light switch or similar between L and S1 and then use the light switch to turn on and off the switch.

1 Like

I got my Iris v3 Zigbee keypad today and it works great! Perfect for the cleaner and house sitters etc.

We won’t be using it much ourselves as we use geofencing.

1 Like

I've had a v2 for a couple of years now and the best thing I did was LiPo UPS power it.
But like you, my wife and I hardly ever actually use it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I only got it for Guests, Cleaner and House Sitters - the wife and I have geofencing tied to our phones (Hubitat + Homekit and also Wifi detection to speed up arriving home).

I bought an iris recently I’ve yet to set up. What is your lipo setup?

1 Like

The v3 takes 4x AA batteries so just put energizer Lithium's in and it'll last for years. LiPo is quite unnecessary on the v3 imo.

1 Like

The v2 sucked batteries like it was going out of fashion. The dual batteries would last about 2 months so I grabbed a charger board and battery off of Fleabay and wired it in. Luckily it was easy to drop a figure 8 wire down inside the wall where I’d mounted the keypad.

2 Likes

Good idea, I PoE'd mine and it's never skipped a beat. I assumed it would just kill the batteries pretty quickly.

2 Likes

Nice mod! I've been messing with mine constantly since installing it yesterday with 4 Energiser lithium AA's and it hasn't budged from 100%.

On a slightly different topic, can I please request we all pile on and support my request that Hubitat fix their broken date format implementation?

4 Likes

Arrgh, my Aeotec garage door controller finally died last night (it had been threatening to die for a while).

So Im looking at replacing it - this time I want something that uses a proper sensor (security contact style) to detect open/close as tilt sensors suck with large single panel doors.

Anyhoo, I cam across this zConnect unit which I think may work with the HE Generic Garage Door driver (hopefully). Anyone else using one of these or something better?

EDIT: turns out there is a driver for it:

Have you considered building something like this? You'll be spending $8-10. Anyways this is what I use with my garage door and it's rock solid. I also 3d printed a little case but you can just buy a small box from Jaycar.

Im heavily invested in Z-Wave and dont mind spending ~$100 on this, I spent a lot more on the now dead Aeotec.

Plus I can easily power this from my garage door motor:
Wiring

EDIT: I couldnt find any other australian z-wave alternatives so I bought it. :sunglasses:

2 Likes