Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Great. btw, the Nue devices are weak in signal they are nothing like the IKEA repeaters. I have 8 nues, in fact I had 12 originally all over the house and still the Schlage and Iris dropped. I then rolled out 3 IKEA repeaters and it strengthened my mesh massively so good in fact I got another 2 IKEA repeaters for good measure and they are bloody cheap so didn't hurt :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

All, Hubitat version C7 is now available to be ordered.
I just found out so sorry if you already knew,
Just ordered one, so excited to try this out finally.

noob question, is the Ring keypad supported by Hubitat or do I need to flash or do something else to it?
I am new to this and prefer not to flash hence @jchurch 's way is way too advanced for me (even though it always fascinate me on how techie you are and success rate you have in working these devices)

The Ring keypad is official supported. however its not sold in Australia meaning you would need to import and use the zwave frequency for the US one as it cannot work with the Australia zwave frequency. You could theoretically operate the US zwave frequency here but it would be illegal and someone one day could knock on your door with a cease and desist order.

It's actually a lot easier than you think and with the gig some of the other guys use pretty simple. There is plenty of good articles etc too on how to do this.

Are these the repeaters you are talking about? If so, how do you add them to Hubitat? Do you just add them as a device the same as any other device?

I have the Nue light switches and GPOs but I have been having some of my devices drop off the mesh. For the most part, soon after they show as "Not Present" (Marcus' driver), they for the most part reconnect, but I have one that is refusing to rejoin. I also have a device in the letter box that usually drops off pretty quickly (I assume due to distance??). Might give these a try. Is the price usually $20, or do they often come on sale at Ikea?

1 Like

That's correct. Hubitat does have inbuilt drivers but @markus recently developed some new ones with presence built in here so I am not running that driver. btw, to add then you just use a paper clip and press into their pairing button on the side to add them into HE.

Sounds like you need a bunch of IKEA repeaters mate. It's worth trying it. IMHO $20 is a steal so just grab them now, not sure on IKEA sales etc.

1 Like

Looks like I'm heading to IKEA.

1 Like

I've got some of the IKEA repeaters and buttons in transit. Plan to pair a repeater with my hue (if I can?) and one with HE. Plan to use the buttons with HE to control my blinds.

1 Like

I recently changed over from the default device handler to the one provided by @markus and it's been far better. I dont think my ikea repeaters were repeating on the default drivers - at least according to the zigbee mesh page they wern't.

2 Likes

Yes it's possible (I did one ages ago), will need to use touchlink to pair if I remember correcly.

1 Like

Cool. I'm starting to stretch the limits I think in terms of bulbs, hoping these might buy me some more time before I need to get another bridge

Yes @markus has developed far superior drivers I have found the same for the Nue switches too.

1 Like

Yeah, @markus's tasmota drivers are fantastic. Highly recommend. Also, I learnt a lot tasmotizing it via serial.

2 Likes

I often see the suggestion that smart bulbs should be connected to a separate hub (Hue ect) and then to the HE. Is this the same for the Nue switches? Given they are also for lighting (smart switches, dumb bulbs) should they be connected to a separate hub prior to the HE or is this unnecessary?

I have chosen this path, i.e. utilising my hue bridge. My memory is that the main reasons are to lighten the load on the HE hub in terms of zigbee and to make use of the features within hue such as those in the hue dimmer switches and hue scenes. Beyond those others can comment more than me.

Nue switches I don't think come under the same banner, given what I mentioned previously, those were very specific reasons related to hue.

1 Like

In general the answer is no for Zigbee wall switches, they don't cause the same type of issues as bulbs. However, in the case of Nue they are not the best of repeaters judging from what has been said about them. With that said, I do know that they don't cause issues in the mesh for those that make sure to have other strong repeaters placed strategically around the mesh.
The biggest issues (not the only one) caused by repeating bulbs are when they are turned off by a wall switch, repeaters disappearing is never good. This is not an issue with wall switches, of course.

2 Likes

Anyone using Linktap Wireless Water Timer - LinkTap I ordered one yesterday, arrived today in time for me to set up a sprinkler/drip system in the vege garden before I replant for spring. I'd like to use my PWS (which is connected through HE) to use some rules for turning it on and off. Looks like there is a nice open API and I can use PUT etc but be good to see what others have done.

I have written many wifi drivers for HE including a few for @jchurch -- where are the API docs at ?

Does this help? Wireless Water Timer - LinkTap

Cheers
Steve

Yes -- I found it also. Looks real easy to code.

2 Likes