Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Ah no worries. If anyone else has tried then let us know! Otherwise I may pick up a wireless switch and try it out first to make sure it works with Hubitat.

@jchurch you might be interested to note that my BLE presence tracker battery finally gave up the ghost after 7 months or so!

1 Like

I decided to try out their "Lighting Extension Kit," which consists of 2x dimmers and 1x wireless switch, but I wasn't able to get any of them to pair with Hubitat.

Ahhh!! That's a real shame. These were one of my best hopes for enabling my current lights nicely with Hubitat. I did look through their instructional videos to setup their lights and it looks like there is no way to pair a single device (has to go via one of their master controllers or some such).

Yeah... I was quite disappointed to find that they don't pair.

For those of you who are using the Nue 1, 2 and 3 gang Zigbee Wall switches, they now also work with my Generic Switch driver. Thank you @jchurch for supplying some logs and fingerprints :slight_smile:

The built-in driver works as well, this is just my version of it. Those that use and like my drivers might like this since it works and looks the same as all my other drivers.

2 Likes

Your welcome mate. All my Nue switches are working perfectly with your driver. I even had 1 switch where I couldn't use the HE Nue driver but I can with yours which is great and to have presence now on each of these that's super neat.

btw. When you have time let's work together on the Nue dimmer and PowerPoint drivers as I have those devices as well albeit not used just spares in a drawer but I know others have them so happy to help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can you guys tell me, have any of you had to pay customs or import fees when you bought Hubitat Elevation?

I'm under the impression that the answer is no, but don't know that for a fact.

I don't remember paying anything more than what I was charged by the Hubitat web site. I've had that kind of thing with car parts before where I had to pay an additional fee once it arrived in Australia, but don't remember anything like that for my HE, which I think was last year when I bought mine.

Purchased mine last year and no fees

I am pretty sure the Gov expects the sellers to collect the GST and pass it on to them. There weren't any charges collected upon delivery for me.

If we were selling it in Australia I can see that. But our customer is importing it from the US. Do you guys usually have to pay customs for imports from US? In Canada, they do often have to do so.

After July 2018 this became the case, low value items imported are subject to 10% GST.

@bravenel

We didn't pay GST. But the law was changed maybe 2 years ago and the onus is on the seller to submit the GST however that is only if the seller would pay more than $75,000 (corrected in edit) a year in GST to Australia. So in your case I doubt you would have to pay it.

The law was changed in 2018 to put the onus on the company selling to Australians to stop the claim that the consumer is importing it themselves.
There is a $75,000 AUD in sales limit before you need to actually start doing this p.a.
The principle is similar to Canada but is not enforced as much (at least compared to when I lived there) and is unlucky if you end up paying taxes.
The usual note on taxes maybe payable is probably all you really need to do now but if HE grows it will be something to take note of.

Actually sellers are required to register to collect the GST if their Aust sales exceed $75k.

Thanks, corrected the amount

Sales or GST? Big difference.

It's sales, or more technically, turnover. :grinning:

EDIT: @bravenel here is the link to the tax office's website in relation to the rules:

1 Like

@bravenel New Zealand works very similar to Australia where the GST is supposed to charged by the seller at the time of purchase. If that doesn’t happen, then GST and customs duty is payable when the goods enters the country. However, GST and duty doesn’t need to be paid if the amount is under a certain threshold and the purchase of one HE hub goes under that threshold.

For me it’s cheaper to buy from Hubitat and not having to pay GST and duty compared to buying it off Amazon where Amazon will automatically charge GST and duty no matter the value of the item.

1 Like

Nope no customs fees when I purchased. :+1:t3: