Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

I do not beleive so.

They invented gumtree and e-bay for that stuff.. Put it on there and provide a link..

1 Like

I don't agree. I think a simple thread where I can write, "I have two Xiaomi Aqara buttons to sell. $10 each" and not have to deal with all the rest of the palaver has its place. You're appealing directly to people that have an interest and you don't deal with all the numpties on Gumtree. Going down your route, I still think you'd want a separate thread rather than cluttering here with links to stuff on other sites. So why not just cut out the middleman and post what you're selling in that thread rather than linking to another site?

5 Likes

Sounds like a good idea.

Yep, Iโ€™m totally happy calling it โ€œthe Buyer Beware Marketplaceโ€ with a โ€œzero blow backโ€ policy. :+1:t3::grinning:

2 Likes

The BDM unit arrive today, and I'm happy to report that the DETA 4Gang switches shipped with a later firmware (that had the new PSK) were successfully serial flashed. :slight_smile:

For other newbies like myself who's trying the serial flashing. Here are a couple of my learnings from tonight:

• I had several variety of errors (basically failing at various stages). In the end, I found that my case was due to high impedence. Got rid of the breadboard, any unnecessary jumper-wires helped.
  • I used both Mac (with Apple USB-C -> USB-A adapter), and Windows. sparkfun FTDI and CH340G. All combinations gave me random failures, and all worked well when I minimised wires/boards. I didn't have external 3.3V PSU.
  • I accidentally had FTDI VCC at 5V, and didn't fry the ESP8266. But PLEASE don't try yourselves.

Thanks again @markus, for the tip. I'm very happy with this jig. Also, you were right that I needed one more pogo stick. It was for the IO0 grounding to get the ESP8266 into programming mode. Also many thanks for your amazing work on the HE integration. Our whole family truely depend on your codes now :joy:

3 Likes

Anyone who uses the Deta smart switches but just want to use some of the buttons for automation's and not have them physically connected to anything this guy found a way to stop the annoying click from the relay. Reason being is if you don't physically wire it the switch will still click because it's hard wired to the relay anyways so this is pretty cool.

3 Likes

Hi @christopheroreo , I've been looking for a Driver / Dashboard Tile combo solution for the exact same thing for over 4 months - this is great! I have added it to my Dashboard and used the dimmer as you mentioned, I can now get it to open and close fully by clicking the tile (fist pump in excitement), however the slider appears to be non functioning ??
What do you mean below ? I'm not sure

Also, what did you put in the 'Set Level' & 'Set Level Change'?

Any advice is greatly appreciated !!

Has anyone successfully flashed a Kogan LED strip (this one) with Tuya Convert? I'm having a whale of a time with this one. I use my standard process with my RPi. Put the strip into pairing mode. Tuya Convert seems to connect to it, it stops flashing and never picks up the firmware. Repeatedly putting it into pairing mode results in the same outcome. Flashes a few times then stops. I don't know how to read the Tuya Convert logs so can't really tell what's happening.

I did momentarily connect the strip to the Grid Connect app just to see if the thing was actually working after having trouble with my RPi until I realised the Wemos wasn't connected to it to set up Vtrust. I didn't accept any firmware updates etc. That wouldn't have done anything funky, would it?

EDIT: NVM, I decided to test my serial flashing skills with my new BDM frame (like @Hongkey ongkey, recommended by @markus ) that arrived last week. I pulled the controller board out to find a TYWE3S chip. Found out the pins to connect using a web search and hooked up the probes. Should have taken a photo before I dismantled it all but was too caught up in it all. The pic is of my new BDM frame and FTDI adapter.

Trick for young players - unlike other devices I've serial flashed (namely Sonoff Basics), you actually have to have the 12VDC power to these things to get them into programming mode and make it work. Took me a while to figure that out. Hope it helps someone.

4 Likes

Mike, did you ever try these out? Or did anyone else?

No, I ended up flashing the Deta switches from Bunnings and using Tasmotizer.

Ah no worries. If anyone else has tried then let us know! Otherwise I may pick up a wireless switch and try it out first to make sure it works with Hubitat.

@jchurch you might be interested to note that my BLE presence tracker battery finally gave up the ghost after 7 months or so!

1 Like

I decided to try out their "Lighting Extension Kit," which consists of 2x dimmers and 1x wireless switch, but I wasn't able to get any of them to pair with Hubitat.

Ahhh!! That's a real shame. These were one of my best hopes for enabling my current lights nicely with Hubitat. I did look through their instructional videos to setup their lights and it looks like there is no way to pair a single device (has to go via one of their master controllers or some such).

Yeah... I was quite disappointed to find that they don't pair.

For those of you who are using the Nue 1, 2 and 3 gang Zigbee Wall switches, they now also work with my Generic Switch driver. Thank you @jchurch for supplying some logs and fingerprints :slight_smile:

The built-in driver works as well, this is just my version of it. Those that use and like my drivers might like this since it works and looks the same as all my other drivers.

2 Likes

Your welcome mate. All my Nue switches are working perfectly with your driver. I even had 1 switch where I couldn't use the HE Nue driver but I can with yours which is great and to have presence now on each of these that's super neat.

btw. When you have time let's work together on the Nue dimmer and PowerPoint drivers as I have those devices as well albeit not used just spares in a drawer but I know others have them so happy to help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can you guys tell me, have any of you had to pay customs or import fees when you bought Hubitat Elevation?

I'm under the impression that the answer is no, but don't know that for a fact.