Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Thanks, will check it out.

Yeh I may just do that. Prefer sticking with the well known lock brands if possible.

1 Like

There’s also this Yale lock that Bunnings sell. It can have a zigbee or zwave module inserted.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/yale-digital-keyed-electronic-deadbolt_p8909720

I’m sure they used to sell the zigbee version directly in store. Maybe I didn’t search their website enough.

That Yale lock and the Schlage Connect were my top 2 choices. But they are both dead lock style so would mean converting my door over (which I think I may do).

1 Like

I bought one of the Ikea 1000w bulbs warm white to blue white and the colour is just off. Saw on the inside packaging that its only 2700-4000 colour temp where most of my hue bulbs are 4500 so thats why they look off.
Has anyone got experience with the colour ones before I waste $30 ?
also has anyone got experience with the led drivers they have - was thinking of adding some for extra kitchen lighting.

I use the LED Drivers to run three light above a cabinet, no issues with them at all, have them linked to my HUE hub though.

1 Like

Check THIS out !!!

Don't need it mate. I am using the Bond home hub and it's working really well. Also Somfy has rolling codes which the Bond hub supports. I am still yet to find a purpose to drag this out of the box yet :stuck_out_tongue:

Apart from Ikea, is there any wireless motorised roller blinds available to us aussie that could integrate with HE without another hub?

You might be able to get this paired into Hubitat using the z-wave protocol. That said I don't know if there is drivers etc though so you'd need to look into that.

Hi Everyone, it's great that we have our own thread. I've been finding lots of useful stuff here.
One question I had for the group is, what are your recommendations on humidity sensors for bathroom fan automation that's available in Australia?
[Edit] I've already got a Zooz 4-in-1, but I had to get it forwarded here.

I connected my bathroom fan with a zigbee smart plug
Then have a virtual switch that gets turn on when motion is detected in the bathroom
Then have a rule in RM when humidity goes up, and the virtual switch is on, turn on smart plug
And turn smart plug and virtual switch off after x amount of minutes when no presence detected

1 Like

i use a aeotec multisensor 6 and a fibaro double switch 2. FIbaro switch switch controls the fan and light circuit.

Mutisensor then turns on/off each switch.

1 Like

I use xiaomi temp and humidity sensor

2 Likes

That relies on a Qubino Shutter so should be ok with HE

i use aeotec multisensor 6, works well . i don't trigger on motion though, i trigger on humidity only because i want the fan to draw out humidity out of the room whether a person is there or not (which sometimes happens particularly on warm humid days if the bathroom is wet and the door is left closed). how you trigger is personal preference though, the important thing IMO is having a reliable sensor and mesh.

1 Like

Just installed a 4 gang , 3 X 2 gang and a couple of 1 gang nue switches, got them all connected and configured in less then 15 minutes. Very easy and pretty happy with the switches. I had 1 of them with a bit of a dodgy neutral wire terminal but got it working in the end.

Now I have a ZigBee mesh up and running looking at adding Samsung motion sensors and more Xiaomi contact sensors.

My main focus next will be something to control my garage door. Trying to avoid wifi were possible but there is bugger all zigbee options and not super keen on building a zwave mesh to run an aeotec.

1 Like

Anyone know will Lutron Caseta switches work in Aus? Anyone used them and have any feedback for how they are?

I know you said no wifi but i'm running a sonoff inching relay flashed with tasmota. It's powered by a phone charger from the same power point the motor plugs into and just bridges the contacts on the motor. Works great with HE and has been solid for about 18 months. Best of all cost about $10 all up.

1 Like

I like the idea of $10.

The more I think about it the more I'm not even sure if it's something I want to invest in. All I really want is to know if it's open or closed which I can do with a contact sensor.

I don't trust presence sensors enough to auto open or close, so I'm lot really even sure what else I need wifi or ZigBee control for

1 Like

It is handy being able to open the door with my phone and i use a smartthings multipurpose sensor to monitor if it's opened or closed.