Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Grabbed more of the ST sensors today aswell. Have a heap of Xiaomi one's that worked great with their hub but lately atleast one a week has been dropping off and annoying the crap out of me so have decided to ditch most of them. I'm also using the Nue switches and they've been fine and the faceplate is pretty hard to remove in my opinion.

That's interesting I just had a look at one I haven't got installed and the only way you could actually touch the pins without breaking the pcb is with a screwdriver.

I tried this out as well and you can defiantly do this with a lot of force when it's not installed but I can't get the same grip to do this when they are on the wall.

Looks like you can flash Tasmota on them with tuya convert.
There is a fork of Tasmota modified to work with HE here.

Do you mean once the faceplate is removed you can't see the pins? If so, would you mind posting a photo? I wonder if the design has been changed??

Once installed, some he was able to pull off relatively easily, some took a fair bit of force, and at least one he couldn't pull off. Not sure if it's a quality control issue, but it certainly wasn't ideal given how exposed the GPOs are with the faceplate off.

That's great news!

Ive never flashed a device before or done this, what are the high level steps?

Started a new thread: Guidance on flashing Lucci Connect fan remote

2 Likes

looking at these, but are these only wifi? not sure if i can do 20+ wifi switches/plugs

If your talking about the Bunnings switches then yes they are WiFi only. You can run heaps of WiFi devices so long as you have a solid Wifi platform, I use Ubiquiti which is very capable of running plenty of WiFi devices comfortably.

1 Like

You can still see the pins but they are 6mm below the PCB so you can't touch them without sticking something small enough in the cutouts.

Mine has a significantly different design... You can see in yours that the pins are much less exposed.

GPO-1
GPO-2

I can see the the electrician's point and why they changed the design. I'd hate to think what would happen if a kid got the face plate off.

1 Like

Yeah, that was their point. It really was a dodgy design I am stuck with from A3 Smart Home.

1 Like

Holy moly. Don't blame the sparky for the concerns there. I've decided to mostly go with microcontrollers with standard clipsal switches instead of those style of switches to avoid those concerns myself.

Pretty sure those Nue PowerPoints don't have AU/NZ certification.

Ask A3 Smart Home to replace them because that looks real DANGEROUS !
They MUST have RCM compliance which includes EMI and Electrical Safety !

Yep, I decided this morning after seeing the updated design that I will ask them to replace them. Didn't get around to it today, but will reach out to them tomorrow to see what they say. Thanks for everyone's input on this.

2 Likes

yeah they definately are no good and i wouldn't install them either. The light switches that i have seem fine though.

1 Like

I must say those SmartThings door sensors that I bought last week have not missed a beat. They work really well. No false readings, and they even seem to do the debounce thing well. I wont be buying anything but them going forward. Thanks for the tip, came from this thread.

2 Likes

Same here mate, they've been much more reliable than the xiaomi one's.

1 Like

oh yeah. They give back in NOT lost time LOL

1 Like