Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Nice price and good idea !
I Just wish someone had the “Arrival Sensors”

1 Like

Are they any good though? Might be good for the kids' backpacks or something though.

G.

Our cars are my target for the Arrival sensors, running off car - USB power.

2 Likes

Yeah I had to get a friend in the US to ship me mine don't know why they won't sell them here. They do work really well though albeit battery life isn't that great as I had the first 1 die within 2 months but I have installed a new better quality battery so fingers crossed :wink:

You could just buy some Xbee's and run micro python code on them. I did that for my car before I moved but i had to remove it as I had a long driveway and it didn't quiet reach but new house should be fine. In fact I should try this again now that i've moved.

1 Like

going to try that next time, Samsung store wouldn't do it

1 Like

Agreed. I picked up a couple during Black Friday and just put one up at the front of the house this morning. I used a cheap arlo camera mount from ebay to attach it which allowed me to orient the sensor for the best coverage. The other one will go to the back. They really are excellent despite the high price.

I built this BLE beacon tracker, sort of (Raspberry Pi needed) and so far it's working perfectly.

I used these beacons NRF51822 2V 3.3V Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Module For iBeacon Base Station Intelligent Control System Beacon BLE Module 4MA-in Integrated Circuits from Electronic Components & Supplies on AliExpress.

No idea about battery life at the moment though. Also there's the cost of the pi to factor in but mine's doing multiple duty including as a motioneye server and mqtt broker.

1 Like

Can you link me which one you grabbed?

This is the one I bought 1x Black Wall Mount Holder for Arlo Ultra,Arlo HD, Arlo Go Cam +1/4 Screw TH1346 | eBay. As it has a 1/4in camera mount you do need to make an adapter. A small block of wood should do it. Screw the Hue mount plate into the wood and use a 1/4 nut to hold it all to the arlo mount.

Woohoo my shelly 1's arrived, now waiting for scott to give me access to his drivers!

1 Like

Did you get the driver ? I have closed down access to the drivers after I was informed that Hubitat will be supporting shelly's natively by end of January 2020 which makes my code useless now.

If anyone here needs a custom driver for a LAN/WiFi device I'm open for business. @jchurch can attest to my coding skills and quality of work. Thanks.

4 Likes

Yes, many thanks!

3 Likes

News to me, even if this project was in the current workflow we wouldn't publicly set a date for it.

Who's telling you this?

Hey guys what's the recommendation for solid outlet based repeaters. Been scanning my network since I got my xbee and the tradfri repeaters don't have the power to go through too many brick walls and I don't really want my house to have to be peppered with them.

Have you considered purchasing more Xbee's to scatter around your house plugged unto USB ports? Those things are pretty darn powerful so would sort you right out. Also you can program them using a proper grove board but then just fit them onto these cheaper boards when you just have to power them.

Wasn't planning to because of the cost. By the time you factor in the xbee/antenna, support board (and probably modifying it to use a USB A plug) and psu it comes to nearly $60 a pop :grimacing:.

Although........ as a result of your post I went onto the core electronics site and found they had 1 last S2C for $27. With 63mW I could blanket the other half of the house and let the tradfris there hang off it.

On the xbee thread there was also a post on reflashing CC2531's to act as routers. These are like less than $10 and can plug straight into a USB charger. I've got one on order atm.

Yeah I was going to say you could buy the Xbee S2C to save on $$$ here is some more on Aliexpress too. In relation to boards just these which I mentioned previously. Then plug straight into USB ports by replacing a few of your GPO's around the house with these.

Interesting, the other way might be to buy the Sonoff Basic ZBR3 that would make them a bloody cheap option too with the added bonus of just wiring into your existing lamp looms. Note, I haven't done this so I am making an assumption they act as zigbee routers. I do have one at home but haven't played with it.

Hang on all the boards have mini usb connectors so will need another adapter. WAF isn't an issue but I can't :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

haha, just design a slick looking 3d printed case that looks neat then :stuck_out_tongue: . Hell someone has probably already designed one somewhere that you could just use. If your looking for something a little more stealth then that Basic R3Z would be pretty slick (if it works the way I assume it would).

Love to go cheap but these are non approved right and I'm also trying to avoid the expense of electricians turning up which is why all my stuff is either low power or bulbs.:grinning:

1 Like