Hubitat equivalent to getTwcForecast()?

Hi,

I am in the process of moving over from smartthings to Hubitat, I have ported most of my drivers and apps accross but I can't find a solution for apps which rely on weather data.

My watering system app uses the getTwcForecast(), getTwcLocation() and getTwcConditions () functions in smartthings and I would like to know what is the equivilant on the hubitat platform.

This is the smartthings app that I am trying to port over:

My watering system is the only thing left on smartthings so I would like to port it over and switch off my smartthings hub for good.

Regards,

Mark

There's a couple of routes you could use here. There is a built-in Weather Underground driver available (create a virtual device of the type WeatherUnderground. You'll need an API key for it though.).

You could also use the APIXU driver for weather: Apixu.com worldwide weather data with outside lux. No PWS or server setup

However, you'll also need WATO ([RELEASE] WATO - When any Attribute Then this cmd Otherwise that cmd) for the trigger from Rule Machine (if you want to go that route). From code, I believe you could just query the attributes directly.

2 Likes