New Hubitat Elevation Model C-7 Available

Z wave for sure, don't no about Zigbee,but I looked quick in my vera and can't find zigbeebackup so guess I don't have it. Most verapeople don't use Zigbee because veras Zigbee is old and crap.

But the radios you use must have full backup I think..

1 Like

Are you the Mattias from the YouTube channel Not Enough Tech?

No that's not me but but I can't get enough tech!! :joy:

Welcome, i have 2 hubs, one is for testing ONLY, it does nothing essential(lights security). If you have mains powered repeaters and not a 5000 sq ft house, you should only require 1 hub, unless you plan on creating 100's of complex rules and many 3rd party integrations.
My environment is very unique, I live in a faraday cage. Funny story, back in the early 90's , when i gutted my 100+ year old house, which had zero insulation, just lots of plaster & horse hair, I decided I was going to buy the most efficient insulation available to install, which was foil faced insulation. Now an EMP wouldn't take down my electronics, seriously tho, getting good signal in my house has always been challenging, and even with that 1 hub did it.

TLDR- you don't need >1 hub, but you will miss out on the tinkering, if you're that type of guy.
EDIT- I saw above, you are!

1 Like

Haha ok just a shot in the dark. There's probably about 792,361 guys named Mattias in Sweden.

The Not Enough Tech guy has a bunch of new Sonoff Zigbee sensors and the web page for those say they should work with any Zigbee 3.0 hub. I was hoping to see someone test them with the Hubitat.

From the user manual of the door sensor, top of page 7:

http://dl.itead.cc/SNZB-04/SNZB-04-user-manual-V1.pdf

"The device can work with other gateways supporting ZigBee 3.0
wireless protocol. Detailed information is in accordance with the
final product."

1 Like

@markus has done that and released drivers for them.

3 Likes

I just received my C7 Hub in the mail and it's really small compared to my Samsung Smartthings hub. The C7 is only 3" x 3" x 1/4" in size.

1 Like

A lot of us didn't get a shipping email either. Using the Informed Delivery service from USPS, we were able to see a shipment from Scotsdale, AZ and assume it's the Hubitat.

Curious to see feedback on current Hubitat users (C3, C4 or C5) who have swapped to a C7. Not that I am expecting a big change, but it would be interesting to get some thoughts on what everyone thinks.

2 Likes

Yeah I just got mine too. No shipping notice, and the order still doesn't show any updated status.

So moral of the story - the order status isn't useful.

2 Likes

They refunded 10% within minutes of seeing my email! Great!

3 Likes

Awe, SNAP!!! look what i just pulled from my mailbox!! who’s a kid in a toy store??? ME!!!

yes i’m a total child!!! hahaha Thanks HE group!!

6 Likes

Ah. That makes me feel semi-better.

I've not received any updates from my informed delivery either though, so now I'll just shift my impatience towards the informed delivery emails instead! :joy:

Just got mine too. I never saw a ship notification but it got here quick for sure!

S.

2 Likes

No email notice that it was shipped, but mail lady dropped off a C7 this afternoon. And this is my birthday - could it be that Hubitat knew that and shipped it just in time to arrive today? I like to think so - so thanks a million Hubitat Team. I have already registered it and restored a backup. Now to the tedious part of getting all my devices off the C4 and onto the C7. This is a great birthday present. :+1: :grinning:

3 Likes

Happy Birthday

Are you going to update your profile?? Not 75 anymore!! LOL

:smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

can someone explain this to a dummy like me? why would i move my stick to the c7? one of the reasons i am upgrading is to not have a stick. prefer integrated. but i take it even though the radios are built in you can still use the usb stick?

i understand zwave devices will have to be re-paired but i mostly have zigbeee so the only way to not have to reset each device is to plug my old stick into the c7? i realize how dumb i must sound but id like to know, otherwise im not sure why i upgraded. ill wait til they sell out then sale it if it has a higher demand. move my stick to hassio

Maybe you want to start with migrating your Zigbee, and thus moving the Stick leaves you with a working ZWave... until such time as you're ready to tackle the ZWave side.

In other words, it's just another option in the grand scheme of things. :smiley:

1 Like

Ok I get that. But can I preserve my zigbee network, or not have to rest each device without moving the stick?

Zigbee is completely different from ZWave.

Zigbee has a variable Home ID (network number) and a FIXED node number. Fixed at the factory, they never change.

Put your Hub into Include and then click/dance to get your Zigbee device to reset. The hub will find your device and detect the Fixed Node number and drop it right into all the config of the hub.

I just did an Iris 'v3' Motion sensor, 45 mins ago... Zigbee Include in the Hub, Then pulled the Iris battery, held the tiny button, inserted the battery, light went red, then out.. so I released the button. The light went blue, then went to blinking green.. and the Hub said "found an existing device'

4 Likes