Hubitat cannot track the state of its devices (Tuya Custom Driver)

Sometimes its not swithing off because its not on ( although its on) or the opposite. not turning on because its on ( but it is).

Generally a sign of a weak mesh or RF interference, or occassionally a bad device, i.e. not the hub. Will need a lot more than you’ve given to help make a determination.

3 Likes

It can be frustrating when things don't work, but like @thebearmay mentioned, more info will help others to help you to get things working. I would suggest including:

What HE platform version are you running?
What devices are you using (manufacturer and model)?
What protocol do the devices use (Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, etc)?
What driver are you using?
What automations (apps) are you using? Rule Machine, etc...
Any logs you have for both the apps and device would also be useful.

C7 latest firmware. i saw others referring on this issue as well.

I still think some of the other device specific information will be important to allow people to help you. If you have seen other similar posts, I would suggest including some links to them here.

3 Likes

Yes other people have the same problem sometimes. As stated it is usually a mesh issues where the messages are not making it back to the hub.

If you want help you would need to provide more details, types of devices, screenshots of details pages, etc...

3 Likes

it was in the moring i dont have the logs now

Can you provide any more details about the devices you are having problems with, like the manufacturer and model? And the driver (Type) you are using on your Hubitat hub?

I'd also suggest turning on any logging related Preferences for the devices and turning on logging options in the Apps (automations) where the devices are in use.

1 Like

There is a Past Logs tab. In the absence of data and descriptions of the device/driver/z-mesh, this thread is pointless.

4 Likes

Not asking for logs.

What types of devices? Z-Wave or Zigbee or other?

If Z-Wave, post screenshots of the Z-Wave details page

4 Likes

zigbee rgbw controller was on hubitat said its not

What type of bulbs are these, Philips Hue, or something else?

1 Like

tuya with krassimirs driver

And how are you trying to turn the bulbs on or off when it is not working, are you trying to use Room Lighting, Rule Machine, or something else on Hubitat?

1 Like

so the ligh was on , i turned it on manually but the app didnt turn it off saying its not on.

According to your logs, the app did not turn the light on.

You turned it on manually.

just wrote it . i turned it on manually

1 Like

As you turned it on manually, using this app it probably ignores the turning off as this app doesn't think it is on.
You may have to use a different app to turn it off when it is turned on manually.

I'm afraid I use webCoRE for everything so I'm unfamiliar with the vagaries of HE's rule apps.

3 Likes

A couple of things....

I am assuming this is a screenshot of the older Motion and Mode Lighting App, which came before Room Lighting. While it may still be supported in some respects, I would suggest moving this lighting automation to Room Lighting. This will increase the likelihood of receiving up-to-date fixes for any issues you may experience and support for any issues you continue to experience.

You may want to look at the Events for the light device in HE to make sure when you manually control the device the state change does in fact register with HE.

2 Likes

I'll also tag @kkossev as he may be interested in this....

2 Likes