Hubitat C7 ethernet connection

In the last week my hubitar c7 has been locking up its lan port for ethernet comms on a daily basis, I can reset it by accessing over port 8081 and rebooting. But it stops everything from working including things like dashboards obviously. There are no obvious logs to tell me what is causing this behaviour. And the same is true for the device and app stats. Is this happening as a result of a faulty c7? Or is there other things I can do to check / fault find. I’ve had a bit of a hunt through topics to find any other info but can’t find anything similar, I think it may have started with the 2.3.8.25 update, and i am currently running 2.3.8.28 (I got excited by the patch notes mentioning hubs being locked up by events but this update did not rectify this issue)

You could try setting your network speed to "auto", under settings->network. I also have set an IP reservation on my router, as well as set a static IP on my hub. It is always available on my LAN, albeit slowly due to memory issues

1 Like

What about this pinned post? ‼ READ FIRST - Before Posting in Get Help

It has a list specifically for connection issues.

However, if your "lan port" was locking up, then the diag tool on 8081 would also not work. So your problem actually sounds like the mian platform is crashing, not the ethernet port itself.

If you think it was caused by a platform update use the diagnostics tool to roll back the firmware. If you find that solves the problem report back because the devs would definitely like to know so they can look into it further.

1 Like

Thanks, I was set to 100MB will try the auto negotiate, as that worked for my other remote hub with another unrelated issue. I also have it reserved on my router, its direct connected to the LAN port on my router with 1.2m cable so its not a complex networking issue. fingers crossed and thanks for the constructive feedback.

Thanks for the fast feedback, if changing the connection to auto negotiate does not work I will follow up with firmware rollback. and will endeavour to provide the information requested in the link posted. The port that appears to lock up and be unresponsive is the :80 port, the:8081 always responds

I am hoping this zwave update problem is related. Ive just found this thread and succeeded with the zwave update